lovelearning
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I'm about to sit the AQA Unit 2 English Literature, and i was wondering if any one had any predictions? I have a feeling it will be falling leaves, flag or right word.
thepurplerain
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it could be either of those or possibly Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti as they were done back in 2011.
lovelearning
Rep:
?
(Original post by thepurplerain)
I think it could be either of those or possibly Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti as they were done back in 2011.
Ahh, those are my weakest ones, but would AQA repeat them again or introduce new ones?
indecisive...
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lovelearning)
Ahh, those are my weakest ones, but would AQA repeat them again or introduce new ones?
I think they will introduce new ones
lovelearning
Rep:
?
I hope so, so it could be either of those three.
Chandan1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
AQA have now said that ALL POEMS WILL BE ON THERE! INCLUDING FOUNDATION
Afraidofshadows
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Falling leaves, futility and flag aren't possible to appear as they aren't in higher spec. You can compare but the questions will never directly mentioned. My friend has precicted Belfast Confetti and Bayonet Charge also as they haven't been done recently.
Good luck, I also in exam.
thepurplerain
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Afraidofshadows)
Falling leaves, futility and flag aren't possible to appear as they aren't in higher spec. You can compare but the questions will never directly mentioned. My friend has precicted Belfast Confetti and Bayonet Charge also as they haven't been done recently.
Good luck, I also in exam.
AQA changed this for this year - any of the poems could appear in the higher tier. Good luck to you too!
x. Humaira .x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I predict those three aswell. But which poems could you compare them with??
tcoxon10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would compare Falling Leaves with Poppies and talk about the theme of people looking in on war, away from the front lines. Futility I would compare with Hawk Roosting and talk about the contrasting thoughts on power. Flag I would again compare with Hawk Roosting, with the same theme. Belfast Confetti with Mametz Wood to show the Negatives of war and compare the use of metaphors. Finally Bayonet Charge with Mametz Wood with the theme of waste of life in war.
Emilyjaynez
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bayonet charge!
lovelearning
Rep:
?
So what I have understood, is that the (old ) foundation ones may possibly come up, however also Bayonet Charge and Belfast confetti. I think it will be a new one + a poem that has not come up in a while.
Regarding what to compared them to, I personally think, it is necessary to look at the question first .
Cheeky nandos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bayonet charge or Belfast confetti
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.03%
I'm not sure (29)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.1%
I'm not a current university student (295)
47.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed