The Student Room Group

What do you do in economics?

Hi I'm currently doing my GCSEs and I'm interested in doing economics but I'm not sure what the differences are to business? And what is econometrics and mathematical economics?

Also what kind of grades do you need to get into a university like LSE?
I'm currently studying economics AS. Although I do not study business, I know the content of economics differs from that of business but overlaps at certain points. In economics you study like how individual markets work by looking into the interaction of demand and supply, government intervention in the market, house prices and the effects that they have when they increase and the economy as a whole, etc. It gives you quite a detailed understanding of why things work and why the world is the way it is. I would highly recommend it, it's my favourite subject. Also if stuck choosing between business and economics, pick economics it's more "respected" in prestigious universities such as LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is a bit like comparing health care and biology, small similarity but different subjects
I do economics gcse, i would say choose it if you are interested in the the economy and how the government works as well as globalisation, the european union, work and money (tpyes of bank account). You will also do poverty. It depends on the exam board as well. I do AQA and have my exam in 2 weeks. But businesses are included in learning e.g. how the government can privatise a business and for what reasons. Market Failure etc.
So yh....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending