The Student Room Group

Would u date a guy or even mail him when he spells words inproper?

Would u date a guy or even mail him when he spells words inproper? Ha, me i am very bad in spelling text and i am also to lazy for checking the text i put in, on the other hand i am a ex model, and my friends are al of university level.

Would u first think when u "see" me typing text : owwww thats prolly a uneducated person? so i am not intrested? Also often poeple here on this site just skip me whenever i post something.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mans, it's text. No one cares about grammar in one.
i would date him to be honest, as maybe he wasn't bothered with the spellings as some boys don't take much accuracy in spelling this is a biased opinion.
Reply 3
I'd go grammar nazi on you right now but it's just too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your grammar isn't exactly above average either..............................
Well as a male looking at a female, I would be pretty lenient with their grammar. But if it is incomprehensible, full of mistakes in every word, or has so much slang that you can't hold a serious conversation with them, then no. I would not date her.
Wht u duing? Rite m8. Brb.

Newer generations are not going to produce too many writers I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Keyhofi
Well as a male looking at a female, I would be pretty lenient with their grammar. But if it is incomprehensible, full of mistakes in every word, or has so much slang that you can't hold a serious conversation with them, then no. I would not date her.
and what if u find out later that she is a supermodel, with a supersexybody, and very talented in piano playing ?
You're really not a good person yourself.

You're saying he should excuse you for having ****ty spelling,etc because you're a "ex-model" but he can't spell incorrectly because he's a guy?

What the actual ****.............
Original post by dossedudex
and what if u find out later that she is a supermodel, with a supersexybody, and very talented in piano playing ?

So she's going to be hot for 10-20 years before getting saggy like everyone else? Or I could go with someone who is coherent, intelligent, and great to have a conversation with. To me that is something that would keep the relationship alive long after our bodies are past their peak.

Her form is of course a factor, but it isn't the main thing I'm concerned with.

I don't get what the piano playing has to do with anything...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Dancatpro
You're really not a good person yourself.

You're saying he should excuse you for having ****ty spelling,etc because you're a "ex-model" but he can't spell incorrectly because he's a guy?

What the actual ****.............
u might see it different

my personality has pros and cons

pro : i am pretty
con : to lazy to check my text
Nope. I think that good writing is very attractive and couldn't date someone with poor grammar or who didn't care about it.
Wow, you're the scum of the earth.

You think you deserve special treatment because you're pretty?

Lol, he deserves someone better than you
Reply 13
Original post by Keyhofi
So she's going to be hot for 10-20 years before getting saggy like everyone else? Or I could go with someone who is coherent, intelligent, and great to have a conversation with. .
super stars in the past, for example tv presentors who with u could have great conversations, are known that some of them were bad at school, and for example spelling text.
If it was writing that they struggled with i dont see a problem,if they are intelligent in the way they speak
(being dyslexic my writing isnt the best but you wouldnt know that by speaking to me in a person,so would feel the same towards anyone else)
Original post by dossedudex
super stars in the past, for example tv presentors who with u could have great conversations, are known that some of them were bad at school, and for example spelling text.

Yeah, I knew this argument would come up :tongue: There are many people out there (be they famous or not) who can't type for **** but have the most amazing personalities.

The counter argument? On average you would find more respectable and likable people using fairly alright or good grammar compared to those who are awful writers.

Think of it this way, if you are an employer offering a job and people are sending you CVs, would you be more inclined to believe a CV with good grammar was written by someone who cares more about the job than by someone who sent in a poorly written CV? The answer is yes, but you could be wrong. It's just that most of the time you would be right.
Lol just leave these grammar-pips. They have got serious issues to dealt with. Who gives a one penny to what's your grammar or spelling is like ? Just think of 7 billion people around 6 billion don't know *** a thing about English; Amazed? Well, you should be becooooooz ya still have a chance with them. P,s sorry for sluggish and tempering grammar addict fellow chaps. "

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
First when i got on the web 7 years ago was in Holland and large numbers ( much mooooore as in the UK ) were imidiatly being very mean to me cause of my poor spelling capacities, naming me : low iq person, uneducated, or even stuff like brain diseased.

Then my first reaction was of course counter hate.

Later i started to also see more the reality of humanity and that gives us a few laws and unwritten laws.

*if one cant spell correctly but has very much talent in a lot of stuf, still u cant pass the exams, and then stay live on the ground without education, and cause of the fact no education, u have les money and there for less stability and mating chances with girls.

*also physical punnishments were given in the not so far past, when a young child was not able to spell correctly, he was seen as lazy and a person with a negative personality. o large amounts of people have still this fear.

*the inhability of a large number of readers on the web, that as soon as one word is spelled wrong, for example "l like u" instead of "i like you" really have to sweat to compute that text in their brain, so it makes then irritated , and therefor they are intitled to swear at u with horrible dieseases.
Hey, you? Are a total nutcase !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Personally I can't stand text speak. I find it really unattractive in a girl when they can't put together a sentence without abreviating every other word. You don't even have to be good at spelling nowadays with things like autocorrect.

Things like dyslexia don't bother me though as I can understand that. I have a very good friend who's dyslexic, you wouldn't really guess with by texts, it's just the occasional thing like she'll always type "tried" instead of "tired". I'm more bothered by the plain laziness of text speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending