username1692103
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
OCR Psychology- A (or an A* if I do well)
OCRb Geography- A (could be an A* if I do well)
Edexcel I.T-A* (like 90% confident I got an A*
Edexcel Economics- A
AQA Physics- B (potential for an A)
AQA Chemistry- B (potential for a C if I mess up core)
AQA Biology- B (potential for a C if I mess up core)
AQA R.s-probably a C
Edexcel Maths- A or A*
AQA Further Maths (AS level)- B maybe an A if lucky
AQA English lit- C probably
Cambridge iGCSE English language- B or an A

Would these be considered good? I'm guessing a maximum of 4 C's and no lower. Then probably 3 B's. 4 A's. 1 A*? These would be considered a minimum, i don't know if that's good?

I know 47% of students last year didn't even receive 5 C's, but I want to go to a Russell group. I'm hoping for my A-Levels to be minimum of A's as I'll be honest, I put minimal effort in & that shows in my grades, even being halfway through I'm pretty sure, some of them are bad. The C's.

Then I'm most likely going to do post graduate, then potentially even further education after post grad. But not sure. Would these be good GCSES as starting blocks?

Thought I'd add:
A-Levels I'm taking:
Economics
Maths
Physics
Business/Philosphy/Pyschology/I.T (unsure)

Furthermore, would it be a good idea to resit some exams? Especially if any are C's or lower? I will never ever resit poetry or English literature, but potentially science I may resit to get from C's to A/A* as I'll revise whilst doing AS? I'm unsure as to what do. Because, I want the best grades possible. But if wasting time resisting GCSES isn't as useful as A-Level revision then I should resit?
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say they are good, they arent perfect for Cambridge and Oxford but good for most universitys and also A levels,extra curricular activities are more important when applying to UNI.

Also what do you mean potential for a C if you mess up core? For my science we get an Additional science grade and a core science grade. Also core is way easier so if you revise you wont mess up . Also i have heard that English Lang is more important than lit.

So do well in your A levels and have a good interview/CV and you will be good. Don't worry about these predictions everyone most of the time gets better than what they predict themselves.
username1692103
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I would say they are good, they arent perfect for Cambridge and Oxford but good for most universitys and also A levels,extra curricular activities are more important when applying to UNI.

Also what do you mean potential for a C if you mess up core? For my science we get an Additional science grade and a core science grade. Also core is way easier so if you revise you wont mess up . Also i have heard that English Lang is more important than lit.

So do well in your A levels and have a good interview/CV and you will be good. Don't worry about these predictions everyone most of the time gets better than what they predict themselves.
I take triple science so I get a grade for chemistry,bio and physics. I need to get A/A* in all my cores to ensure B's in chem+bio. And if I get an A* in core in physics I may get an A overall!!! So that's why it's important .

No, those predictions will probably be pretty accurate I think. And I wouldn't actually want to go to Oxford or Cambridge, they're too set in their ways IMO, also high stress levels which doesn't help me as a individual.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Calzs34)
I take triple science so I get a grade for chemistry,bio and physics. I need to get A/A* in all my cores to ensure B's in chem+bio. And if I get an A* in core in physics I may get an A overall!!! So that's why it's important .

No, those predictions will probably be pretty accurate I think. And I wouldn't actually want to go to Oxford or Cambridge, they're too set in their ways IMO, also high stress levels which doesn't help me as a individual.
AQA triple science?
username1692103
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
AQA triple science?
Yep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads