Starting BTEC Lvl 3 Applied Science; what do I need?! Watch

princessrubicon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone, I've just got in to my chosen college to study a BTEC Level 3 in applied science this September, and was wondering what sort of equipment (books, stationary, etc) I will need.

I know we have 4 assignments at once, so I was wondering those of you who have studied in this way, how did you have to lay it out? Did you have to work in 4 separate books and then hand them in? Or can you buy a 4 subject notebook and be fine with that?
Just want to make sure I have everything I need before I start (I know it's way early, but I like getting organised lol).

Grace
imaginemybliss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
So right now I'm coming to a successful end to the first year of my course, what you need is quite few things !!
Ok I'd get the obvious stationary would take to school now and if don't use one now you may want to get a scientific calculator for the maths!
Books -
I chose to work in one book with sections but once the biology section was complete I brought another section book and just kept completing the biology and chemistry section to quickly in comparison to psychology and maths so I would definitely recommend separate bools it would make life so much easier!!
Folders-
For folders you should have a ring binder they make life so much easier with separators that you can label !
Memory Stick
You should get a memory stick and if you know what units you are doing you should create separate folder for each and include folder for each assignment within each.

When taking notes in class I suggest, date the pages you are working on, write down the unit at the top of the page and subject, it will mean everything should be clear and you can ask your teachers for help using the info at the top of NB. And if your teachers use Moodle take down PowerPoint names, document names, and page no. if necessary. my teacher no. each slide it makes writing assignments that much you can be like Jane's PowerPoint page 3 has that info!!

I'M DOING BTEC APPLIED FORENSIC SCIENCE WHICH ARE YOU DOING??

M
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.37%
No (100)
74.63%

Watched Threads