The importance of Diagnostic Enzymes Watch

Elsaliu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Enzymes are known to catalyze more than 5,000 biochemical reaction types. Most enzymes are proteins, although a few are catalytic RNA molecules. Enzymes' specificity comes from their unique three dimensional structures.

Some enzymes are used commercially, for example, in the synthesis of antibiotics. Some household products use enzymes to speed up chemical reactions. Enzymes in biological washing powders break down protein, starch or fat stains on clothes, and enzymes in meat tenderizer break down proteins into smaller molecules, making the meat easier to chew.

And another importance of enzymes in medicine at present at the measurement of enzymes levels as an acid to diagnosis. They are used to determine the level of the specific enzymes present in the blood, urine, body fluids or tissues.

Enzymes are the preferred markers in various diseases; they also provide insight into the disease process by diagnosis, prognosis and assessment of response therapy. Enzymes are preferred in diagnostics because their substrate specificity and their activity can be measured in the presence of other proteins.

Diagnostic enzymes are also important in estimating the concentration of a substances and metabolites. Progress has been obtained in diagnosis because a wider variety of pure and stable enzymes. Many of the enzymes tests are easy to assay and automate. These tests are offend proffered over older test because the differences between the normal specimen and the disease specimen are clearly demonstrate and diagnostically significant. The enzyme utilize are sufficiently stable and allow storage for a limited but reasonable time. With these advances there has been a parallel increase in laboratory research utilizing similar sophisticated techniques and equipments.

Since the tight control of enzyme activity is essential for homeostasis, any malfunction (mutation, overproduction, underproduction or deletion) of a single critical enzyme can lead to a genetic disease. The malfunction of just one type of enzyme out of the thousands of types present in the human body can be fatal. An example of a fatal genetic disease due to enzyme insufficiency is Tay-Sachs disease, in which patients lack the enzyme hexosaminidase.

They are present in the plasma as a result of other body problems, such as liver disease, heart attacks, and muscle diseases, diseases of the pancreas or cancer. Examples include some phosphatases, transaminases, lipases and amylases.

Please click Diagnostic Enzymes to see more detail. And you can find any enzymes you need. Please feel free contact Creative Enzymes if you have any question about Enzymes. We will try our best to help you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads