The Student Room Group

CCEA maths gcse 2015

hey,

I did T4 today. How did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

Deadly, hoping for method marks

I cant be the only one who only filled in about half the paper..?
Reply 2
I found parts of it hard (wth was that find a and b question thing??) but I think most of the triangles went well? Not really sure - I hope i get at least a B in it and I do better in T6.

What did you get for the numbers of men in the last question? All of my friends got different answers :/
Reply 3
oh yeah, what was that sequence? I just looked at it and went wth ;D
Reply 4
Original post by nightowl66

What did you get for the numbers of men in the last question? All of my friends got different answers :/

For that question, I got 25, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm right or not.

oh yeah, what was that sequence? I just looked at it and went wth ;D

The sequence went 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, etc. So the nth term was n/(n+1).
There were 25 men
I did the one where there was a fork and spoon machine
What do you's think the ums boundaries will be?
100% for a B
I found parts of it hard (wth was that find a and b question thing??) but I think most of the triangles went well? Not really sure - I hope i get at least a B in it and I do better in T6.

Did you get a and b? I got a=10 and b=25
Reply 10
Hi,

I got A=10 and B=15
Original post by Adro34
Hi,

I got A=10 and B=15

Hey. Yeah i think you're right - for b i wasn't sure if it was 15 or 25 :/ Any idea on ums boundaries?
Reply 12
Original post by beansingit
Hey. Yeah i think you're right - for b i wasn't sure if it was 15 or 25 :/ Any idea on ums boundaries?

No idea sorry, CCEA are terrible when it comes to grade boundaries etc. That was a fairly tricky T4 paper but not the hardest I've seen so I would guess they would be a little lower than normal...hopefully!! For that a/b question, I think b= 25 + a so b= 25+(-10)=15.
Original post by StudentMale
I did the one where there was a fork and spoon machine

I did this one too. How did you find the exam?
Reply 14
yeah but i got -10 maybe that is what you mean??

if (x-5) squared can be put in form x squared -ab+c something like that right?
Reply 15
Original post by Arxxx
yeah but i got -10 maybe that is what you mean??

if (x-5) squared can be put in form x squared -ab+c something like that right?

Any idea what an A* grade would be in terms of raw marks out of 100? CCEA are really bad at publishing info like this :frown:
Reply 16
I have no idea what an A* would be, I normally just go by 90%, I really wish CCEA would publish raw mark conversions for past papers :/

But thanks guys, I got 25 for the last question (phew) and I left the sequence and things blank but I'm pretty happy. :smile:

How's everyone feeling for T6 next week?
At our school, only the additional maths students do T4 so I got to do T3! T3 was super easy, hoping for full marks. The nth term question was on our paper too, relief to know I got it right! For anyone else doing T3 did you get 1.30pm for the bus question?
Original post by holly1211
At our school, only the additional maths students do T4 so I got to do T3! T3 was super easy, hoping for full marks. The nth term question was on our paper too, relief to know I got it right! For anyone else doing T3 did you get 1.30pm for the bus question?

Yea, I got 1:30pm too. I also found the paper really easy hah! Lots of people doing the T4 seemed to really struggle. Glad that I didn't do add-maths.
Original post by KTHerron
Yea, I got 1:30pm too. I also found the paper really easy hah! Lots of people doing the T4 seemed to really struggle. Glad that I didn't do add-maths.

What did you guys get for the triangle question at the very end of the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest