Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maxterry)
WJEC english lit tomorrow guys

im doing lord of the flies and view from the bridge

any predictions ??
A View from the Bridge could be a theme question on law and justice. If this came up you could talk about how they are not synonymous and are viewed as two separate things in the Red Hook communities, mainly Italians. This would then allow you to bring in nicely for your context about the Sicilian code of honour, that Marco abides by, and talk about how Marco believes that 'all of the law is not in a book'. You could then talk about how Marco gets his justice at the end when he kills Eddie, even though this is far from the justice that is legal.

As for Lord of the Flies I am not sure as I have studied A Christmas Carol.

Just remember to include context in your essay response in order to be able to get into the higher bands and score the A/A*

Hope you do great and get the questions you want, I'm doing it tomorrow too 9am
maxterry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
thanks man !! i hope u get an a star too, u deserve it man
ryznn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SO597)
A View from the Bridge could be a theme question on law and justice. If this came up you could talk about how they are not synonymous and are viewed as two separate things in the Red Hook communities, mainly Italians. This would then allow you to bring in nicely for your context about the Sicilian code of honour, that Marco abides by, and talk about how Marco believes that 'all of the law is not in a book'. You could then talk about how Marco gets his justice at the end when he kills Eddie, even though this is far from the justice that is legal.

As for Lord of the Flies I am not sure as I have studied A Christmas Carol.

Just remember to include context in your essay response in order to be able to get into the higher bands and score the A/A*

Hope you do great and get the questions you want, I'm doing it tomorrow too 9am
Any suggestions for what may come up for A Christmas Carol?
SO597
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ryznn)
Any suggestions for what may come up for A Christmas Carol?
I think it is going to be on a minor character to reflect changes in Scrooge. This could be Belle when Scrooge sees her poor but happy in stave two with here husband, making him possible feel regret for 'replacing her with a golden idol'. This could also suggest that Belle is a catalyst for Scrooge's metamorphosis by stave 5.
maxterry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
what could i say about rodger , 5 key points for 5 solid paragraphs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (211)
43.69%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
21.33%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.59%

Watched Threads