Books to readWatch
I am about to finish my GCSEs and even though i want a relaxing summer i do want to study medicine. What books can i read for beginners to build my medical knowledge
2) More importantly than trying to build your medical knowledge, at this stage, is getting in to Med School! Make sure you've organised work experience, started thinking about planning your personal statement and also ensure you've thought about why you want to study medicine and all those other interview questions.
3) If you want to build your medical knowledge start with interesting novels written by health professionals and read the student BMJ. The more you read of the wider issues in the medical field the more successful you will be at medicine. Some suggestions for books:
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat - Oliver Sachs
- Bad Science or Big Pharma - Ben Goldacre (or anything else by him)
- Anything by Atul Gawande
- Here is a good article..... http://www.theguardian.com/education...medical-school
- Also google "Reith lectures" and there are plenty of top scientists and doctors who have given interesting lectures on the medical field
You don't need to!
If you want, you can book the UKCAT and try it out as I've heard people do better the second time so you'll have a great high UKCAT score
I've heard a lot of year 11s are doing this
Other than that, literally just enjoy the break
Posted from TSR Mobile
- Study Helper