The Student Room Group

AQA biology unit 1 difficulty poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lilmissy345
I'm willing to discuss the bio exam I pretty much failed tho

Dw same here
Original post by MAK483
Yeah the five mrkers were fine theybwere the first one that i did. What about the question about the beads and lactose?

omg that question really annoyed me. I ended up writing that it provides a bigger surface area, more chance of the enzyme and substrate contacting . and I didn't know what to put as my third point.
Reply 22
Original post by Lovespark
omg that question really annoyed me. I ended up writing that it provides a bigger surface area, more chance of the enzyme and substrate contacting . and I didn't know what to put as my third point.

Yeah i wrote the same too but apparently it was a question from.one of the past papers and was about the continuous flow or something. But the point about surface area is correct so that 1/3 :smile:
Original post by MAK483
Yeah i wrote the same too but apparently it was a question from.one of the past papers and was about the continuous flow or something. But the point about surface area is correct so that 1/3 :smile:

really?? I did all the past papers and I don't remember that question but continuous flow omg why didn't I think of that.
what did you put for what is in the injection? 1 mark
Reply 24
really?? I did all the past papers and I don't remember that question but continuous flow omg why didn't I think of that.
what did you put for what is in the injection? 1 mark

I put that it should have an antigen
Original post by MAK483
I put that it should have an antigen

oh haha I put protein. :frown:
Reply 26

You might be right plus antigen is a protein so fingers crossed

I said put in the regulator protein as this acts as an antigen.
Original post by zintanax
I said put in the regulator protein as this acts as an antigen.

oh, hopefully I still get the mark :/
oh, hopefully I still get the mark :/

haha not sure if im right though!
Reply 30
OK thankyou i probably got 1 mark for that question
I said the stroke volume increases because the heart muscle becomes stronger :/
Original post by MAK483
You might be right plus antigen is a protein so fingers crossed

yh lets hope so. I don't think that paper was too bad now that I read what other people are saying. haha student room is good place to got to after a exam.
Original post by bubblyaims
It was the worst paper I've ever done I was in floods of tears after it, it couldn't of gone any worse

I feel the exact same. I revised so hard for it and felt that it was a waste of time . Everyone else seems to have found it easy though at my school :frown:
Reply 33
I feel sick, I've been crying in heaps of tears ever since the exam finished 4 hours ago. I counted about 39 I thought I'd got right and since I've seen other people's I've lost another 7 so that's 32 which is an E at a push!
Original post by bethygirl
I feel sick, I've been crying in heaps of tears ever since the exam finished 4 hours ago. I counted about 39 I thought I'd got right and since I've seen other people's I've lost another 7 so that's 32 which is an E at a push!

cant even bring myself to count. I failed soo much. The questions all seemed irrelevant. I don't understand how literally none of the things we learnt was on there !! I feel like just giving up and crying :'(
Original post by bethygirl

27 marks last year was an A and 31 was a D not 32 for an E I have also been in floods of tears but I don't even think I got an E
Regardless of how many on TSR found it, the general opinion at my sixth form was that this was defintelya challenging paper, with two 5 markers that had never come up before as well as having generally quite difficult questions before it it's ok too be feeling not confident about it. Don't worry about it too much now guys, unit 2 is the big one where marks lost can be regained- what's done is done! :smile:(Gonna put myself out there and predict it's not going to be higher than 42 for an A, an opinion shared by my head of Biology).
Reply 37
Original post by Mr_Cupcakes
Regardless of how many on TSR found it, the general opinion at my sixth form was that this was defintelya challenging paper, with two 5 markers that had never come up before as well as having generally quite difficult questions before it it's ok too be feeling not confident about it. Don't worry about it too much now guys, unit 2 is the big one where marks lost can be regained- what's done is done! :smile:(Gonna put myself out there and predict it's not going to be higher than 42 for an A, an opinion shared by my head of Biology).

I really hope that's the case cuz this paper literally sucked the life out of me
so much harder than last years paper, ffs I actually paid to get a worse grade than I did originally...so pissed off
Did anyone say that LDL was transported across the membrane by endocytosis? I thought it was facilitated diffusion or active transport, but Wikipedia says its endocytosis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending