Maintenance Loan

Watch this thread
Nakama
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, it never really occurred to me in the past around the time I got my Student Finance entitlement summary but now it's currently stressing me out this past week.

How is the maintenance loan actually paid? And when does it typically arrive?

It's a vague question and I understand that it gets paid in 3 installments for each term but what is the actual percentage? I've been researching this week and I've only managed to find the percentages for the tuition fee loan which is: 25%|25%|50% (found in a guide)

I really would like to know more about the percentages so I can plan out how I will pay for accommodation costs and budgeting with the spare money.

Thanks for any replies.
CamzBarber
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'd like to know this too!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It's 33% / 33% / 34% for the maintenance loan.

Once you've applied and have your award notice, it tells you how much you're going to receive each term. For terms 1 & 2, it's the same amount with a bit more in term 3.

It's paid into your bank account, in the same way it would be if you were receiving wages, etc. Your attendance has to be confirmed first. It then takes 3 days from then for the money to arrive in your account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
26.24%
As I expected (46)
32.62%
Harder (51)
36.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads