Okay... In an attempt to pull this thread back on topic, I chose Balliol because:
- Big, over 400 undergrads. I prefer to be one of many, also means you can avoid certain people.
- Central location, pretty much everything is in walking distance.
- Very academic and has a good reputation for teaching my subject
- Practically guaranteed to be taught within the college for your entire course.
- Liberal and relaxed ethos.
- Large library and specialist PPE room.
- Good internet connections, every room I believe.
Only problem is that they don't offer 3 year accommodation to everybody, and the boathouse could be better - Going from the boathouse Oxford use for the Boat Race at Putney, to Balliol's one on the Isis was a bit of a shock.