URGENT: WJEC GCSE English Literature Unit 2b

Watch
londoncricket
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

I am doing the WJEC GCSE English Literature Unit 2b tomorrow.

The mark scheme for AO4, which is the context AO, is the following:

"show a clear understanding of social/cultural and historical contexts;are able to relate texts to own and others' experience.are able to identify and comment on importance of social/cultural and historical contexts. Awareness of literary tradition shown.at the highest level, show a clear understanding of social/cultural and historical contexts. Able to relate details of text to literary background and explain how texts have been /are influential at different times."

What does the emboldened text mean? So for example, in my novel text (The Lord of the Flies, by William Golding), would I make points such as "The personality of Jack can be likened to that of a student in my school." (not true haha!) or something?

Also, what does the italic text mean?

Lastly, what does the underlined text mean? Does this mean making comments such as "The actions of Jack, in Lord of the Flies, can be likened to that of the savage brutality of the external contextual atmosphere, which was experiencing a nuclear war"?

Thank you very much!
getrekt505
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lennie tends the rabbits
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.82%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.97%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
41.03%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (20)
25.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.56%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.85%

Watched Threads