we hate maths Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hello. we r in a maths lesson right now and are just writing to express HOW MUCH WE HATE MATHS!!! We hate it sooo much we would rather be attacked by camels in boiling lave whilst eating dried fruit. we like dried fruit though. and also, get over yourself pythagoras, u have ruined our lives. love the three bored school children aged 14 x
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah ok, so maths isnt the most interesting subject but statisticaly, and this is true, students who have any pass in maths a2 level earn 30% more than students who havent done it. So get the message? its very usefull!
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
yeah ok, so maths isnt the most interesting subject but statisticaly, and this is true, students who have any pass in maths a2 level earn 30% more than students who havent done it. So get the message? its very usefull!
Dispatched.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
30%?,,,,,i heard its 10%!!!!!
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
does it matter whether its 10 or 30?? as long as i make more money thats all that matters.

love Katy ***
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Highly contraversial comment I'm sure... but most subjects in terms of their content are pretty boring. What makes them interesting is a good class with nice people, with a good teacher.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I didn't think any of my subjects were boring. Well, there were some bits I didn't like, but I enjoyed most.
animal_lover
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i hate maths wen ever i do i get hedaches do u???
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's the good thing about A-levels though, you get to choose what subjects you do. All the subjects I chose were enjoyable because they're things I've always been interested in. I'd rather choose something that I like rather than something that 'might' be good in the long run.
Sean2004
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by animal_lover
i hate maths wen ever i do i get hedaches do u???
Sean2004
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Petrozzi
iam dumb as a rock!.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Pencil
That's the good thing about A-levels though, you get to choose what subjects you do. All the subjects I chose were enjoyable because they're things I've always been interested in. I'd rather choose something that I like rather than something that 'might' be good in the long run.
Yeah, same with me. If you choose subjects you don't really enjoy, then you'll get bored quickly and won't be motivated to work in them, I guess.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't know that about the income thing, but that'll make the next year of ALevel maths more bearable, as I don't really like it, but had to do it to be able to do economics at uni.

Phil
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maths is just a useful subject and qualification to have...so worth sticking out with me thinks (not that I'm not planning to drop it for college :P)
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's basically what I was trying to say.

Phil
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mechanics 2 frequently reduced me to tears however I found A-level maths really satisfying because although it was hard I could do it in the end. Its boring to just do an easy subject and succeed. U need a challenge every so often.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maths Alevel is definantly challenge, but you're right it is doable, and the challenge makes you feel well satisfied when you do well in it.

Phil
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have always asked this question and have never received a proper answer for it. Where exactly do you need all of the trig stuff and algebraic fractions unless you want to become a teacher?
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Engineering for trig stuff I reckon..

Chemists probably use a lot of algebraic fractions with all their mols and particle thingys
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it's just to show that you've got a mathematically zound mind, as if u can understand that stuff, you can understand most maths.

Phil
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%