This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ricroc)
why do 13/14 yr old boys always feel the need to use the word 'sexy'? I bet you have bleached curtains as well don't you, you little delinquant.
The only 13/14 year old boys who I know use the word sexy in such a context, are those who are gay.
m4r1stbi3te5
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Hello everyone.
This post is being made all the way over in Australia. woot.
here in my IT Applications class, we all agree, WE HATE MATHS!!!!
BARG!!!
The majority of us have a maths exam in about 10 mins.
oh joy.
oh fun.
oh my aching head.
kill me plz.
MATHS SUCKS BALLZ!!!
DOWN WITH MATHS!!!!
BURN THE BOOKS DAMMIT!!!!!

ok I'm done.

the people on either side of me say hello, but we are leaving now, bye.
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by m4r1stbi3te5)
Hello everyone.
This post is being made all the way over in Australia. woot.
here in my IT Applications class, we all agree, WE HATE MATHS!!!!
BARG!!!
The majority of us have a maths exam in about 10 mins.
oh joy.
oh fun.
oh my aching head.
kill me plz.
MATHS SUCKS BALLZ!!!
DOWN WITH MATHS!!!!
BURN THE BOOKS DAMMIT!!!!!

ok I'm done.

the people on either side of me say hello, but we are leaving now, bye.
0k3, 1337 h4x0r k1d.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate maths with a passion unless I am coding a frogger game or somthing, then the maths has a meaning and I don't mind it. If you were to give me some stupid stimultanous(sp) equation though I would just say "f**k off"
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I hate maths with a passion unless I am coding a frogger game or somthing, then the maths has a meaning and I don't mind it. If you were to give me some stupid stimultanous(sp) equation though I would just say "f**k off"
Good programmers and good mathematics go hand in hand. It isn't an either-or
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by capslock)
0k3, 1337 h4x0r k1d.
I like Maths.
lostsoul
Report 16 years ago
With all due respect, it's a question you ask of most stuff you learn in school including:
English Literature
Chemistry
Physics
Sociology
History and the list goes on.
Saichu
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
He hates and loves the math, as he hates and loves himself. He will never be rid of his need for it.
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is it the content or the teaching that's the reason why so many of you hate maths??

I found pre-GCSE maths quite boring. Alot of what you have to learn is about memorising methods and applying formulae, much of which is completely irelevant to everyday life, however all the methods you learn at GCSE come in handy when doing A level (or above) because you have to use the techniques you learnt to get onto the good stuff.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I must be a crap programmer then. But the kind of programming I do there is not much maths involved anyway, programming a forum for example is just logic you don't need to work out complex equations. I am not interested in that side of it.
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I must be a crap programmer then. But the kind of programming I do there is not much maths involved anyway, programming a forum for example is just logic you don't need to work out complex equations. I am not interested in that side of it.
Forums? Isnt that scripting?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Forums? Isnt that scripting?
The is no difference between an ASP or PHP script to say somthing like C. The PHP syntax is more less identical to C. Java is certainly not scripting either.

My point was if somebody was to ask me to code some database engine for an investment bank I am not intersted. If somebody wanted me to produce a Java game or somthing I would do it like a flash. I do enjoy C++ programming as longs as my breif dosn't involve complex maths.
m4r1stbi3te5
Report 16 years ago
Mafurumatix
I h8 iT!!!!
BAH!!!
Sn = n/2(2a(n-1)d)
BARG!!!
destyor mthjass!!!!

P.S.
programmers are pussies.
and and and
nerr.
Peenarse
m4r1stbi3te5
Report 16 years ago
0k3, 1337 h4x0r k1d.
damn straight.
ph34r m3y3 l337 sk1llz
bukaww
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree, that's why the best comp sci courses always have a good proportion of maths
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
hello. we r in a maths lesson right now and are just writing to express HOW MUCH WE HATE MATHS!!! We hate it sooo much we would rather be attacked by camels in boiling lave whilst eating dried fruit. we like dried fruit though. and also, get over yourself pythagoras, u have ruined our lives. love the three bored school children aged 14 x
Maths is the coolest best interesting subject i have ever encountered as i don't even need to ever revise for it...that was an awful remark.....
supreme
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I do find maths slightly boring but I have lots of respect for people who are good at it
roff
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Maths is interesting and it's great when you've managed to solve a difficult problem. That being said I hate all the graphwork that you need to learn and I can never understand probability trees.

Still a lot better than Biology, which I can't stand for some reason. I'm meant to have started revising it for my gcse's this summer but I just take one look at the revision guide (especially the plant section) and it really puts me off. Who wants to learn about the phloem and xylem of plants?? :confused:
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's probably pretty terrible that one of main reasons I love maths is when people who haven't done it beyond GCSE see nothing but 'jibberish' (their word). Everybody thinks I'm the smartest thing they've ever met when I'm certainly not.

A word on that, the amount of crazy scrawling is not proportional to the difficultly of the math. It's easy to write lots of crazy algebra which may be true but doesn't show much at all, it's not easy to solve something like a diophantine equation which is probably minimal algebra but maximum difficulty. The most difficult things I've come across in maths are fundamental.
tammypotato
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
u cant hate maths its the only interesting subject! u dont have to learn anything u just need to practice how cool is that
and its getting so much easier with the new edexcel prgram
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads