Would i get into royal holloway with bad AS grades?

Watch
pomma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Would i get into royal holloway? I have just done all my exams and i have a feeling i will get a BDEE for AS levels, however i want to apply for royal holloway to do politics and the entry requirements for A levels overall in ABB, if if my prediction grade is ABB or BBB in year 13, (i will be resitting my AS exams in year 13) would i get a conditional offer?
Crystalclearmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pomma)
Would i get into royal holloway? I have just done all my exams and i have a feeling i will get a BDEE for AS levels, however i want to apply for royal holloway to do politics and the entry requirements for A levels overall in ABB, if if my prediction grade is ABB or BBB in year 13, (i will be resitting my AS exams in year 13) would i get a conditional offer?
I wouldn't start worrying about the grades now because there's nothing you can do about them until you know your results in August. I'm sorry to hear that you felt your exams didn't go as well as you thought / hoped. The plus side is that your application isn't all about the grades that you get, of course they matter but it's not always the 'be all and end all'.

If you have your heart set for studying at RHUL and no where else, remember you can always take a gap year and re-apply. Or you can apply through Clearing / Adjustment - the stage that occurs after the results at year 13 - when you can ring up the universities yourself and persuade them to accept you. If you've already secured your place through UCAS, you can always give that up - that's the 'adjustment' stage. Clearing is obviously self-explanatory.

For September 2012 start, I know that RHUL's clearing was asking for BBB / BBC so there's always hope.

For now, just relax and continue to focus on your other exams if you still have any.

Hope this helps
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pomma)
Hi there,

Just to let you know that in some cases, this year we are able to extend offers to applicants who have predicted grades that are slightly below our entry requirements - but no more than two grades below. So, if you are applying for a course that's asking for ABB, you could still get an offer from us if your predicted grades are at least BBC/ACC (receiving an offer of course also depends on the quality of the rest of your application, such as personal statement and references). However, with those predicted grades you would still be given our standard offer of ABB.

It's also worth bearing in mind that this is something that could be subject to change for when you will be applying to university.

Ultimately, if your predicted grades are ABB or BBB and the rest of your application is strong, it is possible you could get an offer from us.

Best,

Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
29.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.43%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads