Sheffield, Exeter, York, Nottingham, Sussex for Politics?

Watch
Tivawarin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I got offers from University of Sheffield, Exeter, York, Sussex and Nottingham to study in a field of politics (not IR). As I am an international student, I would like to know which one has the best international reputation in politics because in my country most people usually come to do master degree in Business, so universities like Bath, Strathclyde would become 'big names' for them. While I mentioned 'Sheffield' which ranks high in Politics, nobody ever heard of it.

Please help me.
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congratulations on your admissions to some good Politics programmes. They have individual strengths, for example York is known for governance and public policy. It really depends on your fit, you failed to mention your concentrations. did you read BA politics and have intro/intermediate knowledge?
Tivawarin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Tcannon)
Congratulations on your admissions to some good Politics programmes. They have individual strengths, for example York is known for governance and public policy. It really depends on your fit, you failed to mention your concentrations. did you read BA politics and have intro/intermediate knowledge?
Thank you for reply, Mr.Tcannon

I did B.A. in Political science, majored in Government which include some field like comparative politics and political theory, I'm interested in some political ideology like equality and justice and would like to do a dissertation about the impact of these concepts on my country's politics. Do you think which university would fit me? Thanks.
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your pre knowledge will be conducive as you are familiar with methods and theory.

Sussex: Political Theory, Development, Comparative Politics with international perspective. Sussex covers social equality and gender rights. IR. There is a poster with similar profile/concentration who studies at Sussex, he/she seems happy with the course.
Nottingham: Political Economy, Growth, Development, Institution analysis, policy analysis
Sheffield: Evidence based policy analysis, Comparative Politics, public policy (health)
Exeter: No idea

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads