The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

St Anne's College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Okay, I can't hold it in any longer - I was all excited about the nice new Oxford Colleges sub-forum but very sad to discover that St. Anne's was being neglected...so I decided to take matters into my own hands :wink:

I'm a bit poor at the whole making TSR messages look exciting and everything, but here it goes...

2007 Offers:
ravenous_soup_dragon - Law - Unconditional
FizzPopSpan - Law - Conditional (AAA)
thursday - History & Politics - Conditional (AAA)
asdfg7 - English - Unconditional
birdsong - English - Conditional (AAA)
Username Not Supplied - PPE Conditional (IB - met) Yippee!

Useful Links: - UPDATED

http://www.stannes.ox.ac.uk - Official site
http://www.stannesjcr.org - JCR site
http://www.annesball.com - Ball site (yay yay yay)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2310599101 - St. Anne's Freshers 2007 on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2470012834 - OUSU Freshers 2007 on Facebook
http://uk.youtube.com/user/StAnnesOxford St. Anne's on You Tube
http://www.cherwell.org - Student newspaper online...

Updated again! - weird to think most of us are finalists now :s
St Anne's Alternative Prospectus - http://alt.stannesjcr.org

St Anne's JCR Youtube -http://www.youtube.com/StAnnesJCR

Please feel free to add anything/one that I've probably missed! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nothing useful to add, other than the fact that I'm excited! I don't do much on TSR, but its weird to think the 4 of us will be at college together next year. Little things please me.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
I'll stick my nose in and make it a quintet. I'm English with a conditional offer AAA. asdfg7, where you there for surnames A-K? If so i probably ran into you. It is weird to think that hopefully we'll all be down there in 10 months
Yay, yay, I'm excited too! It's definitely really strange to think we're probably all be there together next year, but really cool :smile: Whereabouts did you stay during the interviews? I got the Gatehouse, which I hope to get next year - there's no basin in the room, and I managed to piss off an elderly porter by setting off the fire alarm with my hairdryer, but it's quite modern and there was a shower and toilet right outside my door (and most people's doors, in fact) - little things please me too! Ew, but Hannah (FizzPopSpan) was staying in a huuuge room, but there were two showers in a shower room - so effectively people could (had to?) shower together because people got peed off if you locked the door and was using only one shower...eek! I don't want any shower orgies! :tongue: xxx
Reply 4
Hahahaha, I DO NOT want shower orgies, I'm sure there is a polite, orderley system. Laura, I got rejected from UCL! :frown: But the show must go on! Oooh, I hope I get my 3 As!
FizzPopSpan
Hahahaha, I DO NOT want shower orgies, I'm sure there is a polite, orderley system. Laura, I got rejected from UCL! :frown: But the show must go on! Oooh, I hope I get my 3 As!

No I agree, no shower orgies. If we both get put there, maybe we could have some form of student protest? Or we could stand guard for each other outside the door to prevent over zealous showers interrupting our very solo showers?

Anyway tch who gives a big monkey's about UCL when we have St. Anne's?? Yay! Don't worry, you'll definitely get 3As, so don't even worry about it - you have pretty high UMSes already anyway don't you? I worked out last year that I needed BCC at A2 to get AAA overall, which is always a reassuring way of looking at things. How is your nose btw? It's hilarious: my boyfriend elbowed me in the nose on NYE and I though mine was broken too! There was a big crunch but I still seem to be in one piece, nosewise...:wink:
Reply 6
I stayed in Rayne, and the showers were nasty, although they were definitely built for solo showering! The room was ok, at least it would be ok with your own stuff in it. Bit dark but nice sink and mirror and a little balcony!

Any St Anne's got UCAS updates yet? I want mine now!!!!!!

I also want replies from UCL, Warwick and Bristol. I'm post A level, and I have still heard nothing from any of them. :mad:
Reply 7
PS - Soup dragon - I see your offer is also unconditional, does that mean you're post A level as well? Would be good to know I'm not going to be the oldest fresher there!
asdfg7
PS - Soup dragon - I see your offer is also unconditional, does that mean you're post A level as well? Would be good to know I'm not going to be the oldest fresher there!

Hehe indeed I am :smile: Yes, it is nice to know there's a couple of us *oldies* though it makes me feel quite strange to think I'll be a fresher at 20 (my birthday's November) - eek! My brother is also in that year so we'll be going off to uni together (but to separate ones if you know what I mean) I only met one other post A-level at interview, but I don't know if she got in or not. Having said that, everyone I met was so so lovely and I didn't feel any difference in age - my boyfriend was a post applicant and he's a fresher at St. Peter's and he says you seriously can't tell who's older. I was a reapplicant and felt much much more confident this time round, which made me feel tons better in the interviews...did you reapply? xxx
Reply 9
ravenous_soup_dragon
Hehe indeed I am :smile: Yes, it is nice to know there's a couple of us *oldies* though it makes me feel quite strange to think I'll be a fresher at 20 (my birthday's November) - eek! My brother is also in that year so we'll be going off to uni together (but to separate ones if you know what I mean) I only met one other post A-level at interview, but I don't know if she got in or not. Having said that, everyone I met was so so lovely and I didn't feel any difference in age - my boyfriend was a post applicant and he's a fresher at St. Peter's and he says you seriously can't tell who's older. I was a reapplicant and felt much much more confident this time round, which made me feel tons better in the interviews...did you reapply? xxx

Yeah, reapplied. Wadham last year rejected me, but I've since heard less than fantastic things about them, so it all worked out for the best in the end! I'm so curious about the people I met whilst at interview, but dont have contact details for them as I was too scared of rejection #2!
I'm officially not the oldest though :p: My bday is March. It is nice to be able to know that I'll be there in October, not dependent on any nasty exams. (Sympathy and good luck to those working to meet offers!)
So... are you private or state school? northerner? (there seemed to be loads of those!) Heard anything else from college? I'm trying to get hold of reading lists etc
asdfg7
Yeah, reapplied. Wadham last year rejected me, but I've since heard less than fantastic things about them, so it all worked out for the best in the end! I'm so curious about the people I met whilst at interview, but dont have contact details for them as I was too scared of rejection #2!
I'm officially not the oldest though :p: My bday is March. It is nice to be able to know that I'll be there in October, not dependent on any nasty exams. (Sympathy and good luck to those working to meet offers!)
So... are you private or state school? northerner? (there seemed to be loads of those!) Heard anything else from college? I'm trying to get hold of reading lists etc

Lol yes, it's weird to think no nasty exams are in our way :wink: Did you think your interviews went well or badly? I thought mine went quite well, but I was scared that I was reading into it all wrongly!

I'm a reapplicant - last year I applied for English at Pembroke and I'm glad I got rejected from there because English wasn't for me, and I didn't like the college much and St. Anne's is so cool! :smile: I'm from grammar schools (different one in the sixth form - boy's school just up the road hehe) and from Kent, though I'm working in London on my gap year. Mes parents want me to get reading lists but I can't be fagged atm....I think we don't hear anything more now until August - so we have to sit tight for a long wait :smile: xxx
Reply 11
well, while you're sitting tight i'll have the joy of exams so haha i have a distraction....inverse gloating doesn't really work damnit!

i was put up in wolfson or something along those lines - seemed decent with a balcony and good views of squirrels.

and i'm a northerner born in the south at a state school
Reply 12
by which i mean i'm at a state school, not that i was born in one, in the south or not
birdsong
by which i mean i'm at a state school, not that i was born in one, in the south or not

Hehe aww..I was hoping you were a new version of baby Jesus or something - born in a state school not a manger :p:

Forgive me, I am being ridiculous. This is what comes from three hours of bleeding commuting every day and having nowt in the way of exams to distract me. Today I actually yearned to write a history essay - freaky I know. :smile:
Reply 14
Hahahahaha, I am writing a history essay at this very moment! What joy!! Would you like to do if for me? Asdfg7 and Birdsong - hello btw! I'm Hannah, also of the lawyer variety! The bedroom I stayed in was MASSIVE, though no sink. I reckon once you have all your own stuff in it any room will seem okay! I'm planning on bringing lots of photos and cushions! :-)
Reply 15
OOOH, sorry, I posted that under my boyfriends screen name! It's me, FizzPopSpan. Oh dear, how I have ruined that.
Yes, that was silly of you - I got all excited about how you might be a new lawyer Hannah that we could talk to, but alas no, it was the same old one all along! :p:

Aww, I'm so excited! I want to go there right now! I was more frightened about not getting into St. Anne's with all the lovely people I met, and the cool tutors and nice atmosphere than not getting into Oxford generally. I wonder when our track offers will go up? x
Reply 17
Would be ok with a lack of sink if the room was massive! I'm a messy kind of person... more space the better! So would I have met anyone other than birdsong (who I can't remember, and who doesn't remember me!)?
And birdsong - I'm tracking down more and more people, Adele (Music) did get in, but possibly got sent to a different college, Kelly (MEGA enthusiastic, from Malborough school) didn't, and I've messaged Karl, am waiting for a reply. Will update if I get more news!
Reply 18
oh yes i spoke to kelly, if she was the girl big on virginia woolf. i'm known as chris on the outside btw - i just plucked a random novel for my name, without any deeper meaning
Hi guys, congrats on your offers. I'm currently at St Anne's doing PPE so I thought I'd pop my head in the door as it were and see if any of you had any questions.. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending