This discussion is closed.
K Brooks
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Could someone help me cure a log in glitch with the new firstclass software. When I enter my
password and thenm press login the software adds about another 10 characters into the password box
then tells me I have the wrong password. Providing I don't delete these extra charaters and don't
try and save the codes (which action also adds the extra characters) I can use the software....Any
help appreciated

TIA

Keith B
Beallian
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
"K Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Could someone help me cure a log in glitch with the new firstclass[/q1]
software.
[q1]> When I enter my password and thenm press login the software adds about another 10 characters into[/q1]
[q1]> the password box then tells me I have the wrong password. Providing I don't delete these extra[/q1]
[q1]> charaters and don't try and save the codes (which action also adds the extra characters) I can use[/q1]
[q1]> the software....Any help appreciated[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> TIA[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Keith B[/q1]
First Class 6 adds extra astericks to the password, so that anyone trying to guess the password
cannot see the correct length of the pass, and therefore have a clue to try and get at the password.

You say that as long as you leave these alone, you can connect properly, therefore the answer is to
leave them alone. This certainly works for me! Saving should work too, as the software only saves
the password itself, the astericks are only there when it displays.

--
Keith Beall
DDT: Debug Program
J O'Kane
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Hi Keith, mine (version 6. 011) also adds characters but not error message, Jim "K Brooks"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Could someone help me cure a log in glitch with the new firstclass[/q1]
software.
[q1]> When I enter my password and thenm press login the software adds about another 10 characters into[/q1]
[q1]> the password box then tells me I have the wrong password. Providing I don't delete these extra[/q1]
[q1]> charaters and don't try and save the codes (which action also adds the extra characters) I can use[/q1]
[q1]> the software....Any help appreciated[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> TIA[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Keith B[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (93)
27.03%
No (251)
72.97%

Watched Threads