The Student Room Group

Starting Access in September but don't know what to expect?!

Hi :smile:

I'm starting an Access to HE in Social Studies in September. I go in July to get my timetable, enrollment date etc, but I really don't know what to expect from the course. The only information I have about it, is the information off of the course tutor who interviewed me.

So, the only information I gathered from the interview was that it would be a very intense course and that I'd be studying Psychology, Sociology, Law, IT and different sorts of study skills.

I know it won't be an easy course, I expect a lot of hard work and determination needs to be put in to pass but any information or experiences would be much appreciated (even if it's scary lol)

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by NikkiB1994
Hi :smile:

I'm starting an Access to HE in Social Studies in September. I go in July to get my timetable, enrollment date etc, but I really don't know what to expect from the course. The only information I have about it, is the information off of the course tutor who interviewed me.

So, the only information I gathered from the interview was that it would be a very intense course and that I'd be studying Psychology, Sociology, Law, IT and different sorts of study skills.

I know it won't be an easy course, I expect a lot of hard work and determination needs to be put in to pass but any information or experiences would be much appreciated (even if it's scary lol)

Thanks guys :smile:

Good morning,
Congratulations on your acceptance to study on the access to HE programme. You are right in the fact that the course will be hard work. However, it is great preparation for university study and will help iron out bad habbits that have crept in as part of being away from education. It is important to start strong and make a good impact with tutor(s) as these will potentially be your referees for your UCAS Application. Gaining good marks early on is important as well since this will show as potential university your level of work standard and commitment. As far as the work is concerned for the large part is is independent work and an important aspect of this is research. Please become familiar with your colleges/university library/resource centre as early as possible. Be confident and ask when unsure about any topic/deadlines. If you struggle at any point your provider should have a department for student support to help with refreshing grammar and spelling or assistance with additional needs such as dyslexia. However, above all please enjoy the experience and remember that this is university preparation and not an obstacle designed to quash your dreams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending