The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sat41
Apparently, I can't start a thread in the Oxford Colleges section. :frown: So I'd like to start one here for Greyfriars (though any other PPHrs are very welcome :biggrin:). How can I move this thread to the Oxford Colleges page? Or is that wishful thinking?

I've reported the thread on your behalf, to have it moved to the Oxford Colleges sub-forum. :smile:

Edit: There we go. Three cheers for Juno.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
The PPH threads are pitifully empty of...well, anything at the moment! Perhaps we should make a collaborative effort instead to show how outright friendly we are :biggrin: (can you even be friendly outright?!!!)
Reply 3
madsaz
The PPH threads are pitifully empty of...well, anything at the moment! Perhaps we should make a collaborative effort instead to show how outright friendly we are :biggrin: (can you even be friendly outright?!!!)

Yeah, you're right. I had been considering talking to myself on this thread :P Are you going to RPC? What are you studying? xxx
Reply 4
You know me as Sarah on facebook :smile: Lol I had to say that because it makes me sound like a secret agent. :biggrin:
Reply 5
madsaz
You know me as Sarah on facebook :smile: Lol I had to say that because it makes me sound like a secret agent. :biggrin:

LOL, can't believe I was taken in. I shall get my revenge on your wall....:biggrin: How do you get hamsters on facebook? :P xxx
Reply 6
Hamsters? I thought you had banned further hamster references, lol! (Note: I AM at school, and I AM thinking of working, so you CAN continue to feel sorry for me/guilty about holidaying!!)
Reply 7
madsaz
Hamsters? I thought you had banned further hamster references, lol! (Note: I AM at school, and I AM thinking of working, so you CAN continue to feel sorry for me/guilty about holidaying!!)

For the last time, woman, I AM working!!! I'll have you know that I'm currently attempting to revise my Latin paradigms...and I'm reading the Iliad in English. But, yes, I do feel sorry for you. Schools just don't seem to understand the need for heating in January. I'm at home in the warm :biggrin: xxx
Reply 8
hi! - I'm not an oxford-er but I just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know my firend got in here to do classics '07!
And she's fab.
Hey, Sheridan, I thought that you said you were getting action on here (in a completely innocent sense)! i didn't realise that most of it was you, and that you've been drumming up support on the sly from people not even going to Grefriar's!
Very disappointed in you.
xxx
Reply 10
PatBVS
Hey, Sheridan, I thought that you said you were getting action on here (in a completely innocent sense)! i didn't realise that most of it was you, and that you've been drumming up support on the sly from people not even going to Grefriar's!
Very disappointed in you.
xxx

The abuse I have to put up with!

1. At least I'm not all of the user names taking part in this thread.
2. At least someone has answered my initial thread
3. My other Greyfriarite would be on this thread if she were part of TSR
4. It's Greyfriars- no lingering 's please!!!

You are soooooo going to get it all on your wall now, my friend! xxx
"My other Greyfriarite" - sounds distinctly fictional to me!
In response to your other points:
1. Damn
2. Damn

and
4. Now that's just plain silly.

Still, I have a lot of affection now for the PPh-ers. They are like the retarded cousins of the other Oxonians. Or cheerleaders in habits.
Sheridan, you are hereby the official university mascot.
xxx
Reply 12
I would like to place a bet (£5, because I'm worth it) on you and Sheridan ending up married. A necessarily typical Greek twist of fate.
How unpalatable.
And she called me fat, so I'll have no truck with this vindictive superficial Tab.
Reply 15
madsaz
I would like to place a bet (£5, because I'm worth it) on you and Sheridan ending up married. A necessarily typical Greek twist of fate.

Yeah right?! Who's side are you on anyway? I am now officially offended. And I refuse to be the official mascot until there is a statue of me in every college quad and a formal hall in my honour. xxx
/\
Done and done.
And don't be offended, Sarah's words are caused by the emptiness in her heart and bed.
Actually, seeing as she's an English student I'll ask: Sarah, does that count as zeugma?
Reply 17
PatBVS
/\
Done and done.
And don't be offended, Sarah's words are caused by the emptiness in her heart and bed.
Actually, seeing as she's an English student I'll ask: Sarah, does that count as zeugma?

Do I want to know how you know about this emptiness?! x
Reply 18
Guys, you owe me £5. :biggrin:
Reply 19
PatBVS
/\
Done and done.

Patsy, I resent the way in which you continually seek to show up the following:

a) my singleness
b) my crap state school education

But no, that is syllepsis...you need a verb governing two nouns or a noun governing verbs to have some sort of zeugma. Usually a syllepsis is witty though, so not sure if what you wrote really qualifies...And I don't like the way that both of those terms sound like STIs.

Sheridan, you've broken your resolution not to expostulate in my general direction :biggrin: I meant it to reflect badly on Patsy Poos, not you. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending