Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Grade boundaries?
Id say:
44 = A
40 = B
35 = C

How'd it go?
ebally
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Just realised that I said NH4 had permanent dipoles, not hydrogen bonding......*major face palm*
SeaSquab
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Why lanthanides OCR? Why?
Noodle-Chan
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
it was different to the other past papers imo, much harder. :|
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by ebally)
Just realised that I said NH4 had permanent dipoles, not hydrogen bonding......*major face palm*
Lol I literally listed points on that question, didn't even finish
lukejoshjames
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ebally)
Same, but as long as you talked about van der waals' for the other molecules, you should get 3-4 marks for the question.
Nucleotide
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
THis paper was significantly harder than last years

For full UMS last year it was 56/60. This year: I reckon 55/60
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by Noodle-Chan)
it was different to the other past papers imo, much harder. :|
Well, people were crying how easy it was apparently. It took me so long to do the calc question and it was an unconventional paper. Periodic trends, being the easy part of f321, didn't hold many marks either so definitely unconventional
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by Nucleotide)
THis paper was significantly harder than last years

For full UMS last year it was 56/60. This year: I reckon 55/60
Potentially lower
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I thought grade boundaries will be 48/9 for an A, seemed easier than most past papers
dash52
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
it was nh3 not nh4, i wrote permanent dipole instead of hydrogen... right guys?
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by AstroNandos)
I thought grade boundaries will be 48/9 for an A, seemed easier than most past papers
Potentially easier but different. People tend to revise stuff based on previous papers more, so I think a few people will skew that boundary down
Noodle-Chan
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
Well, people were crying how easy it was apparently. It took me so long to do the calc question and it was an unconventional paper. Periodic trends, being the easy part of f321, didn't hold many marks either so definitely unconventional
Seriously? At my sixth form it's the complete opposite for the majority but some found it alright. xD
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by dash52)
it was nh3 not nh4, i wrote permanent dipole instead of hydrogen... right guys?
Hmm nitrogen and hydrogen... seems pretty hydrogen-bondy to me
dash52
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hmm nitrogen and hydrogen... seems pretty hydrogen-bondy to me
yh i got it wrong then, but just to double check it was nh3 not nh4
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by Noodle-Chan)
Seriously? At my sixth form it's the complete opposite for the majority but some found it alright. xD
LOL yeah but you do get those few that completely flopped too
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Potentially easier but different. People tend to revise stuff based on previous papers more, so I think a few people will skew that boundary down
Yeah it was different. I found it was different with OCR Physics too
optimistsan23
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjames)
Same, but as long as you talked about van der waals' for the other molecules, you should get 3-4 marks for the question.
wait it asked about ammonia,,, which is nh3, soo it was hydrogen bonding
Angelo12231
Rep:
(Original post by AstroNandos)
Yeah it was different. I found it was different with OCR Physics too
Likewise

I did all the OCR sciences and they were all noticeably different than past papers haha I think OCR want to catch people out this year - may have worked - may not have worked; can't really tell
lukejoshjames
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by optimistsan23)
wait it asked about ammonia,,, which is nh3, soo it was hydrogen bonding
Yeah it was hydrogen bonding. I put dipole dipole interactions and didn't even think about hydrogen bonds for some reason :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (101)
34.47%
Yes - a trusted person (83)
28.33%
No (78)
26.62%
I'm not sure (31)
10.58%

Watched Threads