Help for GCSE English lit May 2015?!?! I'm Silently crying

Watch
Tanyarose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just finished my English lit exam on poems and I was aiming for an A* but I'm unsure what grade I could even approximately be given now. I chose the question about how Bayonet Charge and one other poem links to fear but I wrote about how Bayonet Charge and The Falling Leaves linked together for the soldier being a machine when alive and fragile and a real person when dead- In other words I misread that you had to write about fear and went off on a tangent about how abrupt the settings were in Bayonet Charge and how that contrasts to Falling Leaves. I'm really worried about how that'll damage my grade?? Can someone please tell me if I will at least pass with a C now????
Tanyarose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
pls
FatimaHere
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really wish I could help!! But I studied the Edexcel Relationships collection D:
FatimaHere
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But I'm sure you'll get some marks! How is it weighted- for unseen:comparison for yours?
In ours it's 20:30 and you can on average drop 12 marks out of the 50 for an A*
_ariane29
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ouch. . . okay so don't panic. Think about it logically, I don't know much about the conflict cluster because I did character and voice, but I'm presuming you have written some rewardable content so you will at least get a C grade if your analysis is to a high standard, you just haven't answered the full question.
Then let's say you got an a* on the unseen and an a- a* on unit 1. If you also got an a* on your controlled asessment, you will probably average to at least a b. Of course I'm making assumptions but this is just to make you feel better. I would advice not to dwell on this now because it will destroy you, there's a chance you can still get an a
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads