UAL students for september 2015 Watch

Alyy.xo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
Just wanted to make a thread for anyone who wants to make friends or get to know people before they get to uni. Im hoping to study fashion management at LCF and i think i may be living in Costume store. Anyone who is going to be attending UAL in September and is nervous or is moving or anything can speak in this thread and we should be able to make friends or at least get to know some people..
victorvu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,

I'm planning to study Fashion Marketing in LCF and living at Will Wyatt in Hoxton. I'm not so much as nervous about UAL, but the process is terrifying! I have 4 exams in less than a week and I'm super anxious for them. How many exams do you have? I wish you the best of luck and hopefully I'll have the pleasure of meeting you in September.

Vic :-)
shreya11aug
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,

great to see people connecting! well I am starting my maters in Narrative environment from CSM this september. Anxious and excited! i am actually looking for a housemate to share a twin studio at shoreditch preferably. if not, ill too settle for costume store, if i am offered that is!
cheers and good luck you guys! should meet you'll soon

shreya
DuyguOzerden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello guys, I am from LCF Ba fashion management course. We are doing a survey which we should have responses from UAL fashion students for our consultancy project. We really need more responses. It would be amazing if you do it. It will only take a minute. Thank you so much for your time. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bj0...RRUsI/viewform
moofookimbob
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I'll be studying Bespoke Tailoring and living at Will Wyatt Court in September.. nervous but excited! Looking forward to meeting new people
Kim xox
SabrinaYu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everyone! My name is Sabrina, I am from Hong Kong. I got accepted to LCF studying BA Fashion Management, I will be living in Sketch House. Quite nervous about moving to London! Very excited for September, looking forward to it! ^_^ I have a few question, please help me out. The halls are opened on the 5th Sept, but I am not sure went to move in tho. Other than that which fresher events are you attending? Sab ^_^
Aisha Marzuki
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shreya11aug)
Hello,

great to see people connecting! well I am starting my maters in Narrative environment from CSM this september. Anxious and excited! i am actually looking for a housemate to share a twin studio at shoreditch preferably. if not, ill too settle for costume store, if i am offered that is!

shreya
Hey, I'm gonna be studying Innovation Management at CSM! Looking for a roommate as well, how much is the rent? Hope to hear from you soon xoxo
askaskask36
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello! Anyone from LCC, studying BA (Hons) Journalism?
soph_l
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm studying bespoke tailoring too!
amyhagues
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey my name is Amy and I will be studying Fashion Journalism in September at LCF, who else is on this course?
iQ Student Accommodation
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shreya11aug)
Hello,

shreya
Hi Shreya,

If you're not offered Costume Store, please note that our team would be happy to welcome you to our Hoxton student accommodation site, located just 10 minutes' walking to London College of Fashion! Whether you're looking for an en-suite bedroom in a flat-share or a self contained studio, there is a number of options with you along with all inclusive bills, fantastic social spaces and an on-site management team!
Theureuse
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SabrinaYu)
Hi everyone! My name is Sabrina, I am from Hong Kong. I got accepted to LCF studying BA Fashion Management, I will be living in Sketch House. Quite nervous about moving to London! Very excited for September, looking forward to it! ^_^ I have a few question, please help me out. The halls are opened on the 5th Sept, but I am not sure went to move in tho. Other than that which fresher events are you attending? Sab ^_^

Hi Sabrina, my name is Teresa, I come from Italy and I will be living in Sketch House as well I will be moving in from 5th September just to have more time to visit London by myself! DO you want to get in touch?
sisi.elz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello! anyone studying Graphic Design Communication at Chelsea college of arts?
Alyy.xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are you guys doing for freshers?
zarakhan95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Guys, I'm going to be studying BA Game Design at LCC!
Jemimaellis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey I'm actually going into second year at LCC studying advertising. However, if any of you are looking for housing, a group of 3 of us (2 female, 1 male) are looking for a 4th non smoker student (preferably male) to join us in the hunt for a flat! We are looking in zones 1 & 2 North of the river, and about £180 each per week! Message me if interested
Aleena1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by askaskask36)
Hello! Anyone from LCC, studying BA (Hons) Journalism?

heya! Il be studying the same subject at LCC from September! The timetable doesnt look too bad thank god..
eviecoates
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by amyhagues)
Hey my name is Amy and I will be studying Fashion Journalism in September at LCF, who else is on this course?
Hey Amy! I'm Evie and I'm also going to be studying Fashion Journalism at LCF
maryohagan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I'm looking to apply for UAL and i was just wondering how difficult or easy the application process was for you guys? and if you had to do anything particularly special in order to get your place? idm what subject you're studying i was just wondering in general for the university (:
JayneEmma
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by maryohagan)
Hey, I'm looking to apply for UAL and i was just wondering how difficult or easy the application process was for you guys? and if you had to do anything particularly special in order to get your place? idm what subject you're studying i was just wondering in general for the university (:
I applied & have a place to study fashion journalism at London College of Fashion starting in Sept 2016 as I deferred my ucas application when applying in order to get a job & save money for a year. But I found the application process straight forward, I got an interview and I think I got either 1/2 weeks or so notice. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes, it was conducted by two course leaders at LCF and it was quite chatty, I was very nervous beforehand but as soon as the interview began I felt at ease thanks to the kind and open nature of the interviewers! In the email which confirmed the interview I was asked to bring along an article that I had written for an example of my work and luckily I had written one for CSM fashion journalism application previously although I didn't get an interview for that which I wasn't surprised about as it's very competitive, not that LCF isn't but it's just more so. Anyway, before the interview I researched on here what the interview may included and what questions they asked - generally just what to expect, I also looked on the UAL website about the course structure and such and had an question in mind to ask at the end of the interview as it looks good if you show an inquisitive nature. They asked questions about my interest in the fashion industry, my experience and opinions on certain topics - I would highly recommended you research about the course you want to do etc because it will help a great deal, but honestly it wasn't daunting at all and I felt it went really well and it obviously did considering I have a place!

Sorry if this is too in-depth and if you're not planning on applying for fashion journalism then the application/interview process (if there is an interview at all) may be differ slightly but I thought I would give you my experience, if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask!x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (294)
25.83%
The paper was reasonable (493)
43.32%
Not feeling great about that exam (229)
20.12%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
10.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise