MSc Quantity Surveying or MSc Building Surveying

Watch
nicholasgee99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys

I graduated with a 2:1 in Business Management a few years ago and now I really want to take a masters degree in a practical subject. I've narrowed it down to either quantity surveying or building surveying and I am looking for some advice as to which one to opt for.

I have obviously does some research into the two jobs and at the moment I am slightly leaning towards quantity surveying. My understanding is that quantity surveying is essentially a financial management job whereas building surveying is far more practical. I have absolutely no experience in construction and all of my work experience thus far has been office based, so this is deterring me slightly from the building surveying option. I am aware that building surveying is perhaps more interesting and varied but to be honest I quite like working in an office.

I'd like to know which one you think is best for job availability, career prospects etc and also which one is more compatible (if at all) with my first degree. Overseas opportunities are important to me as well and will also factor in my decision.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Nick
jshayward
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Nick,

I was wondering if you ever made a decision and did either of these courses? I am currently in the same situation, but also trying to factor in Real Estate MSc. Any help would be great!

Joe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.59%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (824)
42.39%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.55%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads