Lucykx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone doing AQA GCSE german, or any GCSE exam board for that matter??
I have my exam at the start of June and just wondered how to revise, useful sites etc?
I find learning a little bit of vocab quite pointless this late into the year..tell me what you guys think! Thanks

LilacFlorence
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lucykx)
Anyone doing AQA GCSE german, or any GCSE exam board for that matter??
I have my exam at the start of June and just wondered how to revise, useful sites etc?
I find learning a little bit of vocab quite pointless this late into the year..tell me what you guys think! Thanks
In my opinion it's never too late to cram vocab - I had my As german exam last week and was still learning new vocab the night before

On the exam board website you should find a list of the vocab you are expected to know. I then used the website Quizlet make flashcards of all the words and spent at least an hour a day in the run up to the exam learning the vocab. Also do as many past papers as you can and once you've marked them look through the examiner's report and transcript so you know exactly where you went wrong.
I got A*s last year in French and German ( Edexcel) so hopefully this will work for you too
Lucykx
Rep:
?
(Original post by LilacFlorence)
In my opinion it's never too late to cram vocab - I had my As german exam last week and was still learning new vocab the night before

On the exam board website you should find a list of the vocab you are expected to know. I then used the website Quizlet make flashcards of all the words and spent at least an hour a day in the run up to the exam learning the vocab. Also do as many past papers as you can and once you've marked them look through the examiner's report and transcript so you know exactly where you went wrong.
I got A*s last year in French and German ( Edexcel) so hopefully this will work for you too
Okay thanks I'll give it a go!
Wow you're so good at languages! Hope your exam went well! Thanks
mynameistara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not doing the AQA German GCSE exam, but I am taking the edexcel exam for German next Wednesday. If you're stuck with learning vocab, I recommend using Memrise - it's a really useful way to practice and learn new words, and is a lot more fun to do than simply sitting and reading a long list of vocab. Good luck!!
Lucykx
Rep:
?
(Original post by mynameistara)
I'm not doing the AQA German GCSE exam, but I am taking the edexcel exam for German next Wednesday. If you're stuck with learning vocab, I recommend using Memrise - it's a really useful way to practice and learn new words, and is a lot more fun to do than simply sitting and reading a long list of vocab. Good luck!!
Only just seen this but thank you! Yes mine is tomorrow as well, good luck on yours also!
mynameistara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lucykx)
Only just seen this but thank you! Yes mine is tomorrow as well, good luck on yours also!
You're welcome, and thank you! I hope your exam went well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed