The Student Room Group

Numbered questions wrong!!

In my english lit exam this morning, I'm pretty sure I wrote down question 5 but answered question 6. I used the key wording of the question a lot, so I think it would be quite obvious to anyone marking it that I just made a mistake, but I'm now really worried that it won't get read / will get no marks as it doesn't answer the question. I have emailed my school to see if there's anything that can be done but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else ever made a mistake numbering their questions or know what happens if you do that?
Reply 1
Original post by ifyouseelaura
In my english lit exam this morning, I'm pretty sure I wrote down question 5 but answered question 6. I used the key wording of the question a lot, so I think it would be quite obvious to anyone marking it that I just made a mistake, but I'm now really worried that it won't get read / will get no marks as it doesn't answer the question. I have emailed my school to see if there's anything that can be done but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else ever made a mistake numbering their questions or know what happens if you do that?

I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. Students are alla' time make mistakes. The school looked at your papers anyway to make sure all the correct info is on them i.e. your candidate number, name, centre number e.t.c, so it should be fine. Normally the examiners will just mark what you've wrote, so you'll get a mark out of whatever, just as long as you've not done more than you're supposed to, for example AIC, OMAM, and then poetry.
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it too much. Exam boards receive thousands of the same paper for each exam and it's incredibly likely for people to have done this under the pressure and time constraint of the exam situation!
Original post by ceremonials
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it too much. Exam boards receive thousands of the same paper for each exam and it's incredibly likely for people to have done this under the pressure and time constraint of the exam situation!

Ok thank you that's reassuring :smile:
I think I did the same in my A level English paper, I talked to a few people but all of them said it shouldn't matter. The person marking it will realise and it won't affect anything, they aren't that stupid :smile: I imagine it's a pretty common mistake. Good luck :smile:
Nah you'll be fine don't worry about it. I doubt the examiner will even look twice at the question number to be honest. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest