5 day intensive?

Watch this thread
geeee11
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi just wondering if anyone could share their experience with those 5 day course things.

I have always viewed them as stupid and a waste of time as I can't see how they can be effective but I am needing to pass my driving test before August.

I have already passed my theory test. I was just wondering if anyone had any positive, or negative experiences with the 5 day course?
BORLAND95
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Do not touch them unless youv had 20+ lessons already and your doing one to just boost the process, think about it this time next Friday you could be driving around in your own car it just doesn't happen that quickly their is no way you can learn everything in 5 days your brain will switch off and they will try ram it all in, theirs less than a 20% pass rate at the end off them what you doing to do pay £600+ for it fail then have to pay for normal lessons then rebook the test at £65
CautiousCat
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Definetly not worth it. It's impossible to gain enough experience and skills to learn to drive within 5 days. My friend did one, yes he passed, but he wrote his car off 2 days later because he entered a roundabout too early. Its a money scam in my opinion. And like BORLAND said, the pass rates aren't very good no matter what they say.
kernow24
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yup, pointless learning that way, its 'short term learning', where driving generally needs to be taken in over a longer period for it to 'sink in'

Yeah you could play the percentages and could maybe pass, but the whole driving malarkey wont be ingrained, and don't underestimate how driving driving can be, there's a reason most learners take 1 - 2 hour lessons, because anything more and you generally switch off, so it ends up being lost learning time.

you could quite easily pass by August without an intensive course, its 8 or 9 weeks away, and even over a short period like that, the learning will be more productive. plenty of people pass by taking lessons over a couple of months, the main sticking point would probably being able to get a test booked up, loads of people want to pass before they go to uni, start college etc so slots will probably be thin on the ground, with very few cancellations, and long waiting times.

Don't rush it, its a skill for life, that has to be taken in properly, not doing so is quite literally the difference between life or death.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
41.79%
The paper was reasonable (279)
41.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (61)
9.1%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.46%

Watched Threads