The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do GCSEs and A-Levels at the same time?

I'm homeschooled due to failing schools all around me and wondering if this would be possible..

GCSE
Chemistry (exam; 2017)
Physics (exam; 2017)
ICT (exam; 2017)
History (exam; 2016)
Further Maths (exam; 2017)
Maths (exam: 2015)
Chinese (exam; 2016)
English Language (exam; 2016)

AS-Level/A-Level
Physics (exam; 2017/8)
Maths (exam; 2017/8)
Further Maths (exam; 2017/8)
Reply 1
Original post by ckfeister
I'm homeschooled due to failing schools all around me and wondering if this would be possible..

GCSE
Chemistry (exam; 2017)
Physics (exam; 2017)
ICT (exam; 2017)
History (exam; 2016)
Chinese (exam; 2016)

AS-Level/A-Level
Physics (exam; 2017/8)
Maths (exam; 2017/8)

There are no rules to prevent you, but you may find you have some awkward clashes in exams.
A couple of observations:
If you're taking A level Maths there isn't much point taking the exam for GCSE Further Maths.
In the timescale you are looking at all the A level Physics exams will have t be taken in the same exam season, so you will have A level Physics in 2018 but no AS in 2017.
It's definitely possible, but I think there's no point doing Further Maths GCSE at the same time as A Level Maths - just do A Level Maths (and then Further). You'll want to do GCSE Physics before A Level obviously, and it will be very helpful to do the Mechanics modules of Maths before the Physics one, because they'll be easy :P

Also, if you're smart, it's probably pointless doing ICT GCSE - just do ICT or Computer Science A Level and take a bit more time over it instead.

There's no reason to do the others in any particular order - just make sure you're doing them all in enough time (and congratulations on avoiding English Literature GCSE! )

// hey I got ninja'd :P
Original post by ckfeister

GCSE
Chemistry (exam; 2017)
Physics (exam; 2017)
ICT (exam; 2017)
History (exam; 2016)
Chinese (exam; 2016)

AS-Level/A-Level
Physics (exam; 2017/8)
Maths (exam; 2017/8)

Yes I guess it is possible to sit them all, but you have a tremendous workload come 2017 though :redface:

GCSE's are far easier than A levels. A levels are a pain up the backside :colonhash: Good luck with all the preparations and exams - you'll do well because you seem determined to get through it all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest