monilouise22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've got an offer for History at Exeter Uni, but I'm debating whether to do a joint honours of Ancient History and History simply because I love both periods, also I am much more interested in medieval/early modern history and ancient history than in modern history, and a joint honours degree will allow me to focus more on the areas I prefer. However I've heard sometimes joint honours aren't as respected, and I may want to do a postgraduate in the future in history so would this limit me in anyway?

Thank you! x
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by monilouise22)
I've got an offer for History at Exeter Uni, but I'm debating whether to do a joint honours of Ancient History and History simply because I love both periods, also I am much more interested in medieval/early modern history and ancient history than in modern history, and a joint honours degree will allow me to focus more on the areas I prefer. However I've heard sometimes joint honours aren't as respected, and I may want to do a postgraduate in the future in history so would this limit me in anyway?

Thank you! x
There is no lack of respect for joint honours and in your case there is very little difference between your two 'halves'. Certainly not when compared to something like German and Philsophy.
monilouise22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
There is no lack of respect for joint honours and in your case there is very little difference between your two 'halves'. Certainly not when compared to something like German and Philsophy.
Thank you!! I think I may go for it, much prefer Ancient Greeks to the Cold War
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by monilouise22)
Thank you!! I think I may go for it, much prefer Ancient Greeks to the Cold War
Each to their own!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed