The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

How hard is it to get into Edinburgh??

I do 4 highers, including Latin, and I feel as if I can secure 3as but may be a few marks of for one subject
I do Scottish highers and I'm interested to do English but I'm now worried after that exam that my marks won't be good enough for an offer 😣😣
Original post by Lecri
I do 4 highers, including Latin, and I feel as if I can secure 3as but may be a few marks of for one subject
I do Scottish highers and I'm interested to do English but I'm now worried after that exam that my marks won't be good enough for an offer 😣😣

Only you can really answer that. Are you motivated to study hard and get good grades? Edinburgh can be quite competitive.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Lecri

Edinburgh is pretty hard to get into in general, but it can vary between courses. For example Theology is less competitive than something like History or Law. Edinburgh states it considers applications with BBBB in highers, but in many subjects the likely offer is for candidates with AAAA. However, I know people accepted with less and declined with more. Depends on overall strength of application, the course you applied for, etc.

What course do you want to apply for?
Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on what course you want.
Reply 4
As stated above, very hard to predict, subject and maybe background/personal statement is everything.

My daughter, applying for Geography had AAABB from highers after 5th year (The A's in English, Maths and Geography), that got her unconditional offers for St Andrews (2 offers), Glasgow and Aberdeen, but did not even get a conditional from Edinburgh re the AH Maths and Geography and the crash higher Biology she was taking in sixth year.

Yet my son, a few years earlier, got a conditional from them for Computer Science with BBBC from his highers, and the conditional did not need him to pass either of the two sixth year AH courses he was taking, it just needed an A in the extra higher he was taking in sixth year.

One of my Daughter's friends, with 5 A's at Higher did not get an offer (English)

Edinburgh appears to be very unpredictable re just grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending