The Student Room Group

**OFFICIAL THREAD** OCR A AS Chemistry F322 2nd JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

this exam is gonna be so messed up, they're gonna write it all backwards or something i can feel it
Reply 41
Original post by corey7695
this exam is gonna be so messed up, they're gonna write it all backwards or something i can feel it

it's probably best not to think like that. Just try and learn everything, do past papers, answer the spec and you should be okay.
Original post by _Aqsxo
it's probably best not to think like that. Just try and learn everything, do past papers, answer the spec and you should be okay.

how did you find f321?
Reply 43
how did you find f321?

I thought it was okay, different but okay. After I checked the unofficial mark scheme, I think I may have at least got 50/60 but fingers crossed aha!
What about you? :smile:
Original post by _Aqsxo
I thought it was okay, different but okay. After I checked the unofficial mark scheme, I think I may have at least got 50/60 but fingers crossed aha!
What about you? :smile:

yeah it was fine but i felt like there wasn't enough time to do it all properly.. but yeah id say i have 50 ish too:biggrin:
Reply 45
yeah it was fine but i felt like there wasn't enough time to do it all properly.. but yeah id say i have 50 ish too:biggrin:

Yeah that's actually true, most people finish within say 45 mins and have 15 minutes to check but there was like no time to check properly :/
But anyway, it's done now! Time to focus on F322 whcih is the bigger unit anyway! Dw, grade boundaries should definitely be lower anyway but I'm sure everyone has done just fine. Good luck for F322 :smile:
Original post by yeyhelloxoxoxo
It's not loading, AHHHHH....... Do you have another link? ;D

http://www.chemhume.co.uk/

try accessing it from the website
Original post by _Aqsxo
Yeah that's actually true, most people finish within say 45 mins and have 15 minutes to check but there was like no time to check properly :/
But anyway, it's done now! Time to focus on F322 whcih is the bigger unit anyway! Dw, grade boundaries should definitely be lower anyway but I'm sure everyone has done just fine. Good luck for F322 :smile:

Yeah hopefully haha
Good luck to you too
F322 I feel is more emphasis on knowledge than having to learn the mark scheme with good exam technique as I feel is the case for F321.

I think I did well in unit 1 and I want to try and get >90% UMS if I can on this paper.

Favourite module is unit 2 (Alcohols, Halogenoalkanes and Analysis) and also end of Module 3 (Reaction Rates, Boltzmann distribution and Chemical Equilibria analysis). Still haven't even looked at Resources though.

How's everyone finding past papers?
Original post by Ecconomist
F322 I feel is more emphasis on knowledge than having to learn the mark scheme with good exam technique as I feel is the case for F321.

I think I did well in unit 1 and I want to try and get >90% UMS if I can on this paper.

Favourite module is unit 2 (Alcohols, Halogenoalkanes and Analysis) and also end of Module 3 (Reaction Rates, Boltzmann distribution and Chemical Equilibria analysis). Still haven't even looked at Resources though.

Don't neglect the resources section. Examiners know that people don't like that area so often slip a question ( or part question) in on this. Thankfully the new syllabus starting in September has a reduced amount of resources in it.
Reply 50
Does anyone know any websites where there are exam questions by topic?
Can anyone give a list of definitions that are needed?
Original post by rory58824
Can anyone give a list of definitions that are needed?

Yep
Original post by Ecconomist

Older past papers are easier than the new ones. I am getting around 80% on the papers I do which is okay, I want more UMS though :smile: I'm mainly losing marks on resources because I haven't revised it properly yet but as TeachChemistry said, I will put more revision time into it because who knows what OCR will put into this years F322 :tongue:

Basic Concepts (Module 1) can get difficult at times. Enthalpies is my best topic :smile:
Reply 56
Does anyone know how to work out this?
I got 20 moles for the first one but get kinda get lost on the next two questions...
green chem calculation..docx
Reply 57
guys how do you work out the formula of a particle with a certain m/z value?
say if there was an m/z value of 27, why would the particle be C2H3+ not C2H4+??
Also, do the molecular ions have to follow a general formula eg does the molecular ion of an alkane follow the formula of CnH2n+2??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are people planning on learning all 12 of the green chemistry principles?
Im not really sure what they could also apart from to state them...but its so long to learn!
Original post by _Aqsxo
Does anyone know how to work out this?
I got 20 moles for the first one but get kinda get lost on the next two questions...
green chem calculation..docx

The amount of energy saved is equivalent to the amount of moles saved multiplied by the enthalpy change of combustion given

For the last you use a balanced equation:
C7H16 + 15O2 > 7CO2 + 8H2O

One mole of heptane saved saves 7 moles of carbon dioxide
Once you have your amount of moles of CO2 saved you can work out the volume of CO2 gas saved

If any of this still doesn't make sense feel free to ask for more help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending