What happens if I don't get accepted into any colleges?

Watch
lindsvely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm 16, but obviously, one has to stay in education up to the age of 18. I haven't been accepted into any colleges or sixth forms. Will I get into any trouble with the law if I'm not in education because I wasn't accepted? I'm not really sure what the law specifically is, and I can't find anything answering this question online.
sandvika
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Apparently a college has to let you in but you do a certain btec where you basically need to re-do GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sure you will be accepted in somewhere
wifeyriddim
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you will get into a college it's not like youre applying to university LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
lindsvely
Rep:
?
(Original post by quentinhamilton)
I'm sure you will be accepted in somewhere
What happens if I don't? Nowhere has yet, and it's almost June. What would happen if no one gets back to me by September?
lindsvely
Rep:
?
(Original post by sandvika)
Apparently a college has to let you in but you do a certain btec where you basically need to re-do GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to re-do English and Maths if you get below a C, but I'm pretty sure that I will get at least a B in both.
quentinhamilton
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lindsvely)
What happens if I don't? Nowhere has yet, and it's almost June. What would happen if no one gets back to me by September?
I'm sure you can email/contact places after you get your results since some people won't be accepted though they were given a place due to poor GCSE grades
lindsvely
Rep:
?
(Original post by wifeyriddim)
you will get into a college it's not like youre applying to university LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just getting worried, because no one has gotten back to me since September.
lindsvely
Rep:
?
I'm sure you can email/contact places after you get your results since some people won't be accepted though they were given a place due to poor GCSE grades
It's not that I haven't applied, but no one has gotten back yet. I have already applied to every college near me. I have even applied to colleges in Cambridgeshire, Plymouth, and Yorkshire, and I live in Bedfordshire.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm just getting worried, because no one has gotten back to me since September.
The colleges havent contacted you at all since september?
Normally you would have some kind of interview or induction or something like that.
Id contact them to make sure you have a place.
quentinhamilton
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not that I haven't applied, but no one has gotten back yet. I have already applied to every college near me. I have even applied to colleges in Cambridgeshire, Plymouth, and Yorkshire, and I live in Bedfordshire.
What?! When you say college, do you mean a place to do your A Levels? If yes then that is probably why they haven't contacted you back
lindsvely
Rep:
?
What?! When you say college, do you mean a place to do your A Levels? If yes then that is probably why they haven't contacted you back
I obviously only applied that far out because the colleges near me didn't reply.
lindsvely
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
The colleges havent contacted you at all since september?
Normally you would have some kind of interview or induction or something like that.
Id contact them to make sure you have a place.
Exactly, literally nothing from anyone. That's my worry, I don't think I have anywhere to go after the summer.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Exactly, literally nothing from anyone. That's my worry, I don't think I have anywhere to go after the summer.
Well contact them then
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm 16, but obviously, one has to stay in education up to the age of 18. I haven't been accepted into any colleges or sixth forms. Will I get into any trouble with the law if I'm not in education because I wasn't accepted? I'm not really sure what the law specifically is, and I can't find anything answering this question online.
It's okay, if none of them have replied just call them up on results day or personally go to the college with your results. You're bound to get into at least one, don't worry you won't be left without a college!
Andrewpm24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yr a bit dumb m8
Just Haci
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg I thought I was the only one like I also applied to many sixth forms but none of them accepted me yet and all my friends already got multiple offers, I'm worried I won't get anyplace from anywhere!!!
Itsaleynaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey did you get into one since today was results day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads