shwansalah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm not blowing my own horn here, but i'm doing gcse currently and i am like a prodigy at algebra, how much algebra does maths and further maths a-level involve, and will my fantastic ability on algebra give me an advantage for when i take it for a-level?
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shwansalah)
I'm not blowing my own horn here, but i'm doing gcse currently and i am like a prodigy at algebra, how much algebra does maths and further maths a-level involve, and will my fantastic ability on algebra give me an advantage for when i take it for a-level?
Yes, yes it will. Also are you sure you are a prodigy? That is a big word to be throwing around.
알파카
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's a lot more than just algebra.
2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Algebra is like 90% of a-level maths. Basically in every single topic you will need some knowledge of algebra.
But just having knowledge of algebra will not help you. It's much more than just algebra, but yes it is used consistently.
rugger
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're choosing maths in A-level, learn and practice some basic differentiation and integration. It'll give you a head start when you start AS.
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rugger)
If you're choosing maths in A-level, learn and practice some basic differentiation and integration. It'll give you a head start when you start AS.
I would recommend he become very very fluent in his trigonometry he is already familiar with, the differentiation and integration is a joke at AS (and quite frankly at A2 aswell). The trig could be trippy however and is where people tend to lose marks in C2, also I would recommend you look at different types of sequences, arithmetic, recursive and geometric.
corpeal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shwansalah)
Yes maths is largely algebra based. On another note, I hope mechanics crushes this 'prodigy' >.>
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
27.06%
England (102)
33.66%
Belgium (26)
8.58%
Germany (37)
12.21%
Spain (5)
1.65%