Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales

mobbsy91
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Shadow cabinet announced before the cabinet:holmes:

Can't say that I know krollo, thehistorybore or jammy duel well enough to know how well they will do.

I'm glad tehfrance got what he did, he's the only Tory I'd trust in those positions.
Mobbsy being the Wales, NI and Scotland sec strikes me as odd... Don't you have any non-English members? Rakas is Scottish and it's odd he doesn't have a position at all. Is he retired now?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

Can't say that I know krollo, thehistorybore or jammy duel well enough to know how well they will do.

I'm glad tehfrance got what he did, he's the only Tory I'd trust in those positions.
Mobbsy being the Wales, NI and Scotland sec strikes me as odd... Don't you have any non-English members? Rakas is Scottish and it's odd he doesn't have a position at all. Is he retired now?
The Rt. Hon Krollo previously served as Education Sec in the 18th parliament. He has one or two bills to his name and an Educaion SOS report.

At least 4 of our MP's are non-English, i chose to be on the back benches this term.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

Apparently the Government have had one too many.

It'll be a surprise, then.

a) He'll manage. b) Backbencher by his own will.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

I'll be sure to find something unpopular to do, it's my specialty.
I suppose given conversation earlier you're glad I wasn't given education
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I'll be sure to find something unpopular to do, it's my specialty.
I suppose given conversation earlier you're glad I wasn't given education
If anyone but bun, I think he's a teacher, was given education I'd be very disappointed.
Luckily in the shadow office you can't do anything.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
If anyone but bun, I think he's a teacher, was given education I'd be very disappointed.
Luckily in the shadow office you can't do anything.
Which is a right shame. As far as probably unpopular goes in defence I advocate the return of National Service in some form or another
6 month parliaments isn't it? So give it 6 months and then who knows, might have some actual power
And a teacher isn't necessarily the best person to be (S)SOS for Education.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
The Rt. Hon Krollo previously served as Education Sec in the 18th parliament. He has one or two bills to his name and an Educaion SOS report.

At least 4 of our MP's are non-English, i chose to be on the back benches this term.
He has? Can't say I've noticed him last term...

Really? Yourself, tehfrance, I think bun is Welsh? And then LP. Oh, I guess that is 4
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

Really? Yourself, tehfrance, I think bun is Welsh? And then LP. Oh, I guess that is 4
LP and both TF's are foreign, myself and Bun.
talentedlobster
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
That's because he wasn't really around last term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Ok, so, when L_p says in the 18th term:
Education Sec in the 18th parliament.
we can use our fingers to count from 18 to 21... that would mean he was active just over 3 terms ago - not last term...
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
I'd like to thank my supporters, my financial backers, my party and last and but not least, my fluffer Aph

I'll bring straight forward change, deregulation of the energy markets and more support to the agricultural and fishery businesses. I'll ensure that fracking doesn't happen in areas of natural beauty. There'll be less fines, more competition and more money in my pocket
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Excellent cabinet. I'm a bit surprised about Rakas not being a frontbencher, but I suppose everyone needs a break from the limelight every once in a while.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Ok, so, when L_p says in the 18th term:

we can use our fingers to count from 18 to 21... that would mean he was active just over 3 terms ago - not last term...
That was rakas not LP....
OR ARE THEY ONE AND THE SAME?
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Apparently the Government have had one too many.
You know I can't drink.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
You know I can't drink.
It was an attempted pun exploiting the literal meaning of that metonymy or rather modifying its object from alcohol to political parties.

(Dear colleagues, correct me if the explanation or the construct itself isn't linguistically sound, please. I'm not sure if I can call it a pun but I can't think of anything that would fit better. To have one too many should, in this case, imply that the Government is composed of literally too many parties by a single one, rendering it ineffective – much like the person who has had one too many in the usual sense.)
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's nice to be back in Parliament after my hiatus, and rest assured that I will do all I can to bother the establishment.

In my position as SSOS for Work and Pensions, I'll be investigating ways we can make our system sustainable for the future while keeping it fair today. As SSOS for Communities and Local Government, my prerogatives will be to ensure councils have enough powers to successfully improve their local areas, and to restore the community spirit of yesteryear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

I am most certainly not a sheep shagger!

I'm Yorkshire through and through. Though do have European ancestors who had to flee to England during WW2
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
It was an attempted pun exploiting the literal meaning of that metonymy or rather modifying its object from alcohol to political parties.

(Dear colleagues, correct me if the explanation or the construct itself isn't linguistically sound, please. I'm not sure if I can call it a pun but I can't think of anything that would fit better. To have one too many should, in this case, imply that the Government is composed of literally too many parties by a single one, rendering it ineffective – much like the person who has had one too many in the usual sense.)
Your wit is as astounding as ever L_P.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congratulations to the newly appointed Opposition frontbench and members of the Shadow Cabinet. I look forward to making faces at you all from the other side of the House.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads