QUARKSPOCK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys
I am with AQA and I am currently in the middle of my AS level exams.
But I am in a bit of a dilemma. I want to acheive an A in chemistry and I am predicted an A this year but I certainly didn't do well in my recent UNIT 1 paper and my EMPA/ISA. So here's a scenario for you...
If I have acheived a C in unit 1 and a C in my Empa would it still be theoretically possible to get an A overall if in my unit 2 As chemistry paper I get over 90%.
(This is my worst case scenario).
Thanks in advance.
QS
M_17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok, so if you got a C in the EMPA it would give you around 39 UMS (Middle C). Then if you got a C in Unit 1 it would give you around 65 UMS (Middle C again). To get an A, you have to get 80% UMS which is 240/300. Therefore you'd need to get 136 out of 140 UMS on Chem 2 to get an A.
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by M_17)
Ok, so if you got a C in the EMPA it would give you around 39 UMS (Middle C). Then if you got a C in Unit 1 it would give you around 65 UMS (Middle C again). To get an A, you have to get 80% UMS which is 240/300. Therefore you'd need to get 136 out of 140 UMS on Chem 2 to get an A.
Exactly this
Our teacher told us if you get full UMS in unit two its hard not to get an A, looks like youve got a hard week of revision to do op gl
QUARKSPOCK
Rep:
?
(Original post by M_17)
Thanks
So in terms of marks what is 136 UMS.
QUARKSPOCK
Rep:
?
(Original post by whydoidothis?)
Exactly this
Our teacher told us if you get full UMS in unit two its hard not to get an A, looks like youve got a hard week of revision to do op gl
Ahaha I know :s
QUARKSPOCK
Rep:
?
Thank you. I have done a few calculations and it approximately equates to 97 marks.
(Just in case anyone view's this thread).
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by QUARKSPOCK)
Hey guys
I am with AQA and I am currently in the middle of my AS level exams.
But I am in a bit of a dilemma. I want to acheive an A in chemistry and I am predicted an A this year but I certainly didn't do well in my recent UNIT 1 paper and my EMPA/ISA. So here's a scenario for you...
If I have acheived a C in unit 1 and a C in my Empa would it still be theoretically possible to get an A overall if in my unit 2 As chemistry paper I get over 90%.
(This is my worst case scenario).
Thanks in advance.
QS
Moved to the chemistry exam forum for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)