As Above
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alevels2k15)
As Above
You have access to more papers and last years of syllabus. Also there is no issue with whether a paper is hard or not because EVERYONE finds it hard. You would rather it hard than really easy, if it was really easy then you could fall grades due to silly mistakes but very hard papers mean you tend to fall grades because you do not understand the topic properly. Anyway, the same proportion of people who get A*'s and A's etc last year and the years before will remain the same this year... so many people fretting over nothing.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alevels2k15)
As Above
Did you know that there's a thread saying this (without the 2015) pretty much every year?
Yousf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Did you you that there's a thread saying this (without the 2015) pretty much every year?
This year they have made exams much harder, without a doubt, no point even arguing against it.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yousf)
This year they have made exams much harder, without a doubt, no point even arguing against it.
And you based this on an in depth and impartial analysis of all the subjects Edexcel offers? Or on a couple of exams you haven't liked?
jshep000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tbh only exam I've found harder than the other past papers was the C2 exam. That was a general consensus that most people even on here found it really hard. Apart from that, they've not really been so much harder I don't think.
Yousf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
And you based this on an in depth and impartial analysis of all the subjects Edexcel offers? Or on a couple of exams you haven't liked?
Take Maths for example.
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jshep000)
Tbh only exam I've found harder than the other past papers was the C2 exam. That was a general consensus that most people even on here found it really hard. Apart from that, they've not really been so much harder I don't think.
Did you find the Edexcel C2 exam hard?
I saw so many people on this site saying they scored 69-73/75 nearly 90-100% ums.

I thought I was the only odd one out
daisychain_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, great
jshep000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
I saw so many people on this site saying they scored 69-73/75 nearly 90-100% ums.

Yeah it was edexcel, haha. Don't worry most people found it very hard. There was a poll of 700+ people, and the 35% voted very hard, 27% voted hard, 22% quite hard. So don't worry man, was a tough exam haha
corpeal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

Shoudn't fret over what people on tsr get. A large number of them are pretty damn smart cookies, but they do not make up the majority of the people taking the exam.
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by corpeal)
Shoudn't fret over what people on tsr get. A large number of them are pretty damn smart cookies, but they do not make up the majority of the people taking the exam.
thanks for the advice !
leemurphy1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have to say Edexcel is the best exam board ive ever used... Its a myth that different exam boards are 'easier' but the content may vary slightly, the ratio of papers and coursework may be better with other boards and the level of resources public varies so there are differences in exam boards despite what tutors say With regards to Edexcel, their parent company is Pearson who publish their own materials, its also very popular especially for Maths and Sciences therefore public material is out there, their examiner reports are good and the content is always precise and up-to-date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (22)
25.58%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (24)
27.91%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (19)
22.09%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (7)
8.14%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (14)
16.28%

Watched Threads