The Student Room Group

Sociology

Anyone have any predictions for sociology G673 & G674 exams? OCR
My teacher thinks for g673 crime and deviance age and patterns and or solutions to the problem of crime. For g674 she thinks it's either ethnicity and gender. What about u?
Reply 2
Yeah mine thinks the same too, just seeing what everyone else thinks :smile: and for G673 she thinks realists and the social construction of the official crime statistics
the social construction of official crime statistics that sounds like two topics mixed up.. do you mean measurement of official crime statistics and agents of social control and how they socially construct crime.. im getting worried now.. and which realists do you mean left or right explanations of crime or realist solutions to the problem of crime.. just want to be specific so i can narrow my revision
My teacher also thinks age and crime, realism and solutions to problem of crime! Hope they come up, but still going to learn every topic for evaluation i think haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah that's what I meant haha! We have been planning questions such as "outline the usefulness of the official crime statistics..." (victim studies/self report) and "outline and assess the role of the police and the courts in the social construction of crime". Also think G674 ethnicity and gender, as I don't think that combination has come up before
Original post by Louise2403
Yeah that's what I meant haha! We have been planning questions such as "outline the usefulness of the official crime statistics..." (victim studies/self report) and "outline and assess the role of the police and the courts in the social construction of crime". Also think G674 ethnicity and gender, as I don't think that combination has come up before

I think ethnicity and gender will too, it cant be class again its come up too many times! I think worst case scenario it will be gender and age or ethnicity and age, but I've created model answers for all of them and just revising off them now.. I just think I'd struggle deciding which one to pick because I love both them topics (strangely).

How are you with research methods?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah I hope they come up! I like research methods I do it in psychology too, so it's pretty easy for me haha. What about you?
Original post by Louise2403
Yeah I hope they come up! I like research methods I do it in psychology too, so it's pretty easy for me haha. What about you?

Ah that's handy! I struggle with them a lot for some reason tbh, like I find them easy to understand but I find it hard to revise for them at A2, do you have any recommendations on how to? I don't want research methods to screw me over again, only got a low C on g671 because of them ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
shannon.. please can you share your model answers for G674..I think class can still come up though for inequality.

thanks
Reply 10
I use A3 paper and make notes of the main points and just read over them! Also with research methods I find it useful just to go over loads of practice questions, so I understand the structure of the questions. Hope that helped haha 😜

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending