The Student Room Group

AQA English papers with different questions???

So I know that a lot of people have misread the Mametz Wood question, but some people from my school are swearing that their paper didn't even mention place. I know for definite that mine did but i've seen that some people say they read the question and didn't notice place in there. I was just wondering if there was anyone else who is for definite that their question didn't mention place? Have AQA massively messed up or are those people saying they had a different question just covering for the fact they answered it wrong?
My brain did not catch the word place... I only found out when I went out the exam hall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The only reason I could think of is that we may have misread place as poets, and this can make sense as the question had place, poet, and present, plus I think the styling of the question may have been different compared to previous years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Segsation
So I know that a lot of people have misread the Mametz Wood question, but some people from my school are swearing that their paper didn't even mention place. I know for definite that mine did but i've seen that some people say they read the question and didn't notice place in there. I was just wondering if there was anyone else who is for definite that their question didn't mention place? Have AQA massively messed up or are those people saying they had a different question just covering for the fact they answered it wrong?

As you know for definite that your question included the word 'place' can you confirm the wording of the question? Could it have been 'Compare how the poets use ideas of conflict in Mametz Wood and one other ..from place? ' It could be that AQA have made a typing error as normally you would expect to see the phrase 'and one other ...' followed by the poem cluster and 'Place' is actually one of the clusters. I read the first part of the question very carefully up to phrase 'one other..' and it is possible that my mind automatically filled in the rest with 'Conflict' . This might be what happened to all of us who believed we've made a huge mistake?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Trotter65
As you know for definite that your question included the word 'place' can you confirm the wording of the question? Could it have been 'Compare how the poets use ideas of conflict in Mametz Wood and one other ..from place? ' It could be that AQA have made a typing error as normally you would expect to see the phrase 'and one other ...' followed by the poem cluster and 'Place' is actually one of the clusters. I read the first part of the question very carefully up to phrase 'one other..' and it is possible that my mind automatically filled in the rest with 'Conflict' . This might be what happened to all of us who believed we've made a huge mistake?

It was "Compare the way the poets use place to present ideas about conflict in Mametz Wood and one other poem"

Quick Reply

Latest