Have you felt like you've done bad in an exam, but actually done well?

Watch
SashaF
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ever had that experience...
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's happened a few times with essays in university.
mjrd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My maths gcse. I have dyslexia and a maths dyslexia. I thought i had well failed maths gcse as i guessed lots, left out half a paper on paper 2 and im crap at maths. thoght i would have a U and i got a C, yipee no resit!!
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I genuinely thought i failed a module last year. I did one big question only to feel I couldn't do it, crossed it out and answered on a topic I revised very little for in 30 minutes.

I got a 1st in the end. :thumbsup:
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thought i d failed a second year uni presentation got a 75% wanted to ask if they d got the right person..
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mjrd)
My maths gcse. I have dyslexia and a maths dyslexia. I thought i had well failed maths gcse as i guessed lots, left out half a paper on paper 2 and im crap at maths. thoght i would have a U and i got a C, yipee no resit!!
Aren't those in your position given a certain spectrum of lee-way when it regards the marking process?
mjrd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Magistl)
Aren't those in your position given a certain spectrum of lee-way when it regards the marking process?
I get a private room, a scribe and 25% extra time. I have 5% taken off my geog, geol and religion As levels for Spag and 20% spag taken off me for my english resit gcse.
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mjrd)
I get a private room, a scribe and 25% extra time. I have 5% taken off my geog, geol and religion As levels for Spag and 20% spag taken off me for my english resit gcse.
Thought so. Was merely curious; a friend of mine is also dyslexic and I wasn't sure how to ask without coming across as rude.
mjrd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Magistl)
Thought so. Was merely curious; a friend of mine is also dyslexic and I wasn't sure how to ask without coming across as rude.
No probs. I dont mind. 😀 tHough i had no help for my gcses as they only found out i had high dyslexia when i came to col to do mY A levels.
fishhasgills
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yep. In my two GCSE Physics exams last year I thought I'd done so badly that I was almost in tears towards the end, but on results day I had an A* in both exams shockingly. Hoping the same thing happens this year because a few of my exams have not gone well.
constantino_chr
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had a panic attack during my GCSE Geography exam last year and I thought I failed...

I ended up getting 100%
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yep
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SashaF)
Ever had that experience...
Mock GCSEs - thought I got a majority of Bs and even failed English Language.

Got 7A*s 3As which was a shock, won't be repeating it in the real things though which is a shame but oh well. English Language managed to get a solid A*s too! I almost cried with happiness!
TheTakers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A few times. I think most notably for me was last year, where I sat GCSE Physics. The exam, in my opinion, went so truly awful. I came out shell-shocked, and then went home and just cried for a good few hours.

For that reason, seeing I got an A* in the subject was honestly the greatest thing!

I usually tend to be wary if I feel I've done spectacularly in a subject. Like, I would do a paper and feel it was 'super easy', and then it would turn out the reason I felt I'd done so well was because I'd done everything wrong!
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It tends to depend on the subject. Maths/physics, for example, you can usually tell whether you've gotten the answer right or not. For other subjects, you may have done much better than you anticipated. Think it's happened to most people at one point or another.
Schrödingers Cat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Had a biology exam resit and came out and thought that was the worst exam I've ever done. Turns out I got 88% in it.

The grade boundaries must have been incredibly low
Bloxorus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Last year I thought that I'd flunked an A2 economics exam and missed my UCL offer, but ended up getting 100 ums
Anyaxh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought I'd done so badly in my GCSE graphic products exam last year I cried when I got home but turns out I got an A... Was so weird
username1283138
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really hope this happens with all my subjects this year -.-!
ellen998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
in on of my chemistry mock exams I guessed on 80% of the questions and thought I'd definitely failed but I ended up getting an A, I must be a good guesser!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads