Guys-how 'talkative' are you to your guy friends/how talkative are your guy friends Watch

Heffalump .
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In your personal experience, when you or your close friends are in a relationship, how much do you talk when it comes to the 'physical' side of the relationship with the girl?

Because I have guy friends, and the reason I'm so wary of getting into relationships is because of how much guys talk!! >:O (I know that's generalising - but this is just in my experience) Even guys I'm not even that close with, they just share details of what their ex's/current girlfriends were/are like, and other details etc..

Do all/most guys do this with their other guy friends - (I'm a girl, so I was thinking - if guys share this information with me, then surely it will be even worse with their guy friends..)

Just curious how common this is?
Thanks)
Golem.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah tbh in my experience, guys are pretty talkative with each other when it comes to that kind of stuff. I think they just take all that stuff more light heartedly than girls do so just talk about it like it doesn't mean much, not actually realising that it offends/affects the girl because they're not staying private about their relationship details or could just be being insulting in general (especially if they're talking about their ex) - again generalising, just from my experience, not everyone elses.
Heffalump .
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
bump
cnova
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From my life experience of 21 years, I can say that it totally depends on the person and the group in question. Out of my group of friends, we will all occasionally converse about our past exploits, these however never make mention of past girlfriends or if it does happen, they just state a 'past ex' so as to keep that person anonymous. One of my friends, I don't really hang out much with any more mentions pretty much everything he does with his girlfriend to the minutest detail which is disgusting and sometimes makes the group a little awkward, she however does know that he does it and sometimes makes a joke of it.

As I have mentioned though, the majority of my friends and I do not talk about each others girlfriends or sex lives with them. In my experience it's always the girl who tells her friends the details and makes it seem like its not a big deal, but if it's a guy and someone even makes a passing comment or mention about their girlfriend or sex lives, the guys and I are quick to set them straight and get very angry.

So, OP it really depends on the person/group in question as well as the person they could be revealing the details of, if they cheated on them or something then they are more likely to reveal certain information which they wouldn't have under normal circumstances.
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
guys talk about everything including how their girl is too tight and could only get the tip in so aborted for another time with lube, and show pictures etc.

very graphic. very open.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads