The Student Room Group

no study environment HELP

Hi guys!
So, now that it's the half term holidays, my revision is getting well underway, but I've encountered a problem. I've got nowhere to study properly. I have two younger siblings who make a lot of noise, and as I don't have room for a desk in my room, I have to work in the kitchen. I'm having a really hard time concentrating, and despite the fact that my parents are putting a lot of pressure on me to get >7 A*s, they won't do anything to keep them quiet or help me make a quiet place to work in.
does anyone have any tips/ideas on how I can make the most of this time with these conditions? It's driving me mad :s-smilie:
thanks!
Go to the library, confirm with your parents that you'll be going from 9-5 every day.

My house is the same with my two younger brothers and parents who are always trying to get me to do everything every five minutes :laugh:
Definitely try and find a local library (or your school may be opening their library for the holidays? Mine used to do this) so you have somewhere quiet to study, or perhaps find a quiet cafe or similar if there isn't a library nearby :smile:

Perhaps you could borrow a desk to put in your room if there is one elsewhere in your house (e.g. in a sibling's bedroom) that isn't being used much?

Alternatively, explain to your parents that your siblings are really loud and disruptive, and perhaps ask them to get them out of the house a bit more? They might be able to visit friends/ go to the park/ whatever so you can get a bit of peace and quiet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending