The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Should I stay in Halls?!

The age old question.

I'm not sure whether i should stay at Home or move into halls for my first year at uni. Hopefully, I should be studying at Kings college next year and I already live in central London, only a 25min bus ride from the campus.

But I'm not sure whether I want to move into accomodation for the first year (only) and take on an extra 4k of debt. I am just worried about the social aspects of things - whether I will miss out on that uni experience and not make as many friends etc.
However what if i don't like the people I'm living with etc

I'm really torn. what do i do?! Is it worth moving out? Where do people make most friends?
Reply 1
I'm in exactly the same boat as you!

I feel the first year will be better spent with less to do, focusing more so on studying and social life rather than cooking,cleaning,ironing on top of that(If I were to stay at home that will get done for me :P) but on the other hand I feel like I lose that whole student aspect if I were to stay at home.

The problem with us is if we do get accommodation then it will be Champion Hill or any of the halls further away which are deemed the lesser on the social side however i'm sure it is still ok.

On my open day someone told me that they stayed at home and still got involved with a lot of student based activities and still had a lot of fun so really and truly it is up to you, 2nd and 3rd year for me is a guaranteed shared flat but I feel accommodation in the first year will just maximize the Freshers year potential!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest