The Student Room Group

Advice about english exam..

Hello,im in a really difficult situation and i dont know what to do. Basically im really unsure whether i should do higher or foundation for my english language exam. In year 10 i was doing really well in english my teacher was the head of english and shes now retired she told me before she left that she thinks i am capable of getting a B or higher in the exam. However this year ive got a really well in my opinion not good teacher, we have been doing coursewok for the whole year and no exam practice whatsoever so when it came to mock exams i sat the english lang paper and got a E with no revision. Last year i ws getting high Cs. She gave me a D for my coursework. I sat another eng paper and gave it to a differemt teacher to mark she gave me a high C. I dont know whether to do higher or foundation..please anybody?
Original post by anii_
Hello,im in a really difficult situation and i dont know what to do. Basically im really unsure whether i should do higher or foundation for my english language exam. In year 10 i was doing really well in english my teacher was the head of english and shes now retired she told me before she left that she thinks i am capable of getting a B or higher in the exam. However this year ive got a really well in my opinion not good teacher, we have been doing coursewok for the whole year and no exam practice whatsoever so when it came to mock exams i sat the english lang paper and got a E with no revision. Last year i ws getting high Cs. She gave me a D for my coursework. I sat another eng paper and gave it to a differemt teacher to mark she gave me a high C. I dont know whether to do higher or foundation..please anybody?

Hi there!

As a student my self, who fought to do the higher tier exam for English, I personally believe that you should sit the higher paper. This is because you have a greater chance of achieving a C grade . Knowing that your coursework is a D, it is near to impossible for you to get a grade C by doing the foundation tier; if you resort to the higher tier, you can achieve more marks, therefore a better grade.
Reply 2
higher paper for you sure, like said previously; it would be impossible to get a C doing foundation paper, Listen soldier you have 1 week revise hard for the English language paper; mr Bruff is your only hope since your teach seems to be not as good as your other one.
You got this :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you guys for your advise honestly helped me so much because i didnt know what choice to make, im going to consider what you both said! You guys have given me so much postivity now, i was doubting myself before.. im gonna go into school and fight with my teacher to enter me in for higher! Thanks alot
I agree with others it's all you've got if you want to pass! Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest