Want more information about this university?
isabellasegebre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello! I'm thinking to accept an offer I have from Queen Mary to study International Relations and I wanted to know how does a week of classes looks like?
elfess
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It really depends on the course. I'm doing English so I only have eight contact hours a week.

My first year looked like this, with some variations -
Mondays - Reading Theory and Interpretation Lecture 3pm, Seminar 4pm
Tuesday - Lit in Time Lecture 10am, Seminar 11am, Poetry (or) Narrative Lecture 1pm, Seminar 2pm
Wednesday - Free, except for Shakespeare play showings for 1st years
Thursday - Free
Friday - Shakespeare Lecture 11am, Seminar 1pm

I know people who are taking other courses though who have way more to do in the course of one week on their timetables, so it's kind of hard to say exactly what you'll get. In second year I'll be doing different modules and the timetable will look a lot different for me.
holly_1994
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by isabellasegebre)
Hello! I'm thinking to accept an offer I have from Queen Mary to study International Relations and I wanted to know how does a week of classes looks like?
It varies from term to term, course to course. I do History BA.

First Year:
Sem 1: Mondays (10-11 lecture, 1-2 seminar), Tuesdays (11-12 lecture, 4-5 seminar), Thursdays (10-11 lecture, 11-12 seminar, 3-5 tutorial)
Sem 2: Mondays (11-12 lecture, 1-2 seminar), Tuesdays (11-12 lecture, 4-5 seminar), Wednesdays (lecture 10-11, seminar 11-12), Thursdays (lecture 10-11, seminar 2-3)

Most days in I would have a one hour lecture and a one hour seminar, but my second year timetable is better but also worse.

Second Year:
Sem 1: Mondays (10-4/5) and Tuesdays (11-4)
Sem 2: Mondays (same), Tuesdays (same), Fridays (1-3)

Classes will be longer for me this year. It might seem like I'm not in that much, but my days in will be back-to-back unfortunately.
In first year, you'll most likely have half-days, so maybe a lecture 10-11 and then a seminar 2-3. You might end up with a huge gap between lecture and seminar, which is okay if you live on campus. But you can always swap to an earlier class if you live far away from campus.
Patrick121294
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had like 12 contact hours... you probably will have TONS of free time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (119)
14.29%
I'm not sure (36)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (251)
30.13%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (406)
48.74%

Watched Threads