Double SCIENCE COMPARED TO Triple SCIENCE, help!

Watch
Arcaddia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What other things do you study in triple science compared to double science? I am not 100% sure which i'm doing, and still and i'm in year 10. We have just started doing additional science in all sciences. I'm in EBAC, there are 2 EBAC groups. 1 is the best and i'm in 2.

FYI: when we got given revision guides EBAC 2 got offered the CGP core science and EBAC 1 got offered 3 cgp science subject books for all three sciences that makes me think I may have double science, i'm not sure though.

To make me work out what i'm doing...: what extra stuff do you do in triple science for the core science? Because i already learned all the core science because, like i said i now moved onto the additional science, thanks.
_ariane29
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Double science students study core science and additional science

Triple science students study core science, additional science and extra extension units: b3, c3, p3 The content of extension science depends on your exam board

Since you have just started additional, you are most likely doing double as covering 6 units in a year is going to be very hard. To clarify you should ask your teacher
httpaisha
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
By the sounds of it, you are being entered for only core and additional, as the three revision guides cover an entire subject's individual units (while core and additional have Units 1 or 2 respectively of all three of the sciences).

As a brief response to your question, B3 covers things like the heart, lungs, global warming; C3 covers things like the periodic table in detail (including its origin), alcohols, esters; P3 covers more complex forces like moments, and medical uses of physics (i.e. lenses for glasses, X-rays).
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by _ariane29)
Double science students study core science and additional science

Triple science students study core science, additional science and extra extension units: b3, c3, p3 The content of extension science depends on your exam board

Since you have just started additional, you are most likely doing double as covering 6 units in a year is going to be very hard. To clarify you should ask your teacher
not true as my school taught extension in year 11
syed25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on what board you follow and in which school you are. For example if you do AQA, B3 C3 P3 is considered to be triple science. Where as in OCR, All the unit 3s and 4s are additional science which is double science. And in triple science you do unit 5s and 6s. Some schols do unit 7s as well. So it depends on what board you do and which school you go to.
_ariane29
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mahel)
not true as my school taught extension in year 11
Oh okay. But op said he has just started additional in year 10 and its the end of the year so. . . .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.42%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (65)
30.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.68%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.41%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.61%
I think it's an unfair expectation (58)
27.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads