Do you think i revise for maths too much?

Watch
shwansalah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok I spend the whole of my day, everyday, revising for maths, not because i have an exam or anything but because i enjoy it, maths is like my GTA V, it's addictive, people in school say i need to calm down with the revision, but i can't help myself, it's too addictive and fun, do i need help?
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shwansalah)
Ok I spend the whole of my day, everyday, revising for maths, not because i have an exam or anything but because i enjoy it, maths is like my GTA V, it's addictive, people in school say i need to calm down with the revision, but i can't help myself, it's too addictive and fun, do i need help?
I don't think so. If people don't find playing GTAV for 12 hours weird, I don't think you need help for revising maths a lot... you are revising other subjects right?

But maybe take a breather sometimes, too much of a good thing is sometimes not a good thing y'know.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
Arcai
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you just enjoy maths, nothing wrong with that it's an awesome subject
username1862217
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths is fun. It was my favourite subject back in school too. I loved to make up my own methods to solve problems rather than follow class examples and I loved making cool patterns with numbers.

It's perfectly normal, abeit rare, behaviour.
Naveen1412
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get help.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's fine to enjoy doing Maths, but doing anything to the exclusion of anything else is never healthy, so just remember that.
fatima1998
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
definitely not!!!! As myself also addicted to maths...
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol GCSE maths is like eating food - easy to do and requires no effort
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dude I'm so with you.,. Thought I was the only one! It's like hey geography revision for the exam tomorrow or maths for the maths is three... Hell yeah maths! I too have been told that I've been doing too much and should focus on other things... But it's okay, we can fight the haters together! We will stay strong and multiply...
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Valyrian)
Lol GCSE maths is like eating food - easy to do and requires no effort
Alevel maths too.
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't worry about it, all revision is helpful and it's great that you enjoy it! Just don't neglect your other subjects
Xin Xang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you are doing lots of maths that you find easy, then thats pretty useless.

But if you are doing lots of maths that you find difficult, then don't stop.
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha that's awesome, you'd enjoy further maths. Strongly consider taking it if you're enjoying it that much.
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, if anything its a good thing. The most succesful people in the academic fields are often people who do this kind of thing. You could do well enough to get a high level education at a good institute and get a very lucrative career or get far in academia if that is your thing.
Husseina2468
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do you revise for maths. Please tell me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shwansalah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Husseina2468)
How do you revise for maths. Please tell me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there's a crap ton of past papers for maths, like 25+. i do all of them, over and over and over.
Husseina2468
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've done nearly all of them , yet I have difficulties consolidating that knowledge and I usually just forget the different methods the next time I do it. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
shwansalah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Husseina2468)
I've done nearly all of them , yet I have difficulties consolidating that knowledge and I usually just forget the different methods the next time I do it. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you forget the method then maybe you dont understand the method, make sure you understand every question you got wrong before you move on.
Hosannahlauren
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's great that your so passionate about a subject. Its not weird that you revise too much. Have you ever though about tutoring? You could do something you love and make money off it. I'd only be concerned if you had other subjects to revise for that you were neglecting as a result of doing too much maths. Making a revision timetable could be goof way of spreading your revision equally check out (get revising study planner). Or try doing maths in your breaks instead.
Goodluck! xo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads