The Student Room Group

could i be pregnant?

I'm completely freaking out!! me and my boyfriend have kinda had sex a few times but he has always pulled out and he has never been close to ejaculation! i never realised that you could get pregnant from sperm within precum and now I'm panicking cause we didnt use condoms and I'm not taking anything! also looking back there may have been a time when we did other stuff and he ejaculated and then a little while later had sex!! I am in the middle of my exams which is stressful enough as it is and now I'm unable to concentrate or revise because I'm constantly scared! i can't work out when my last period was but i think mine should have come around now or a few days ago! i got quite bad cramps yesterday morning but still no period and I'm too scared to tell my mum! I also can't bring myself to buy a test by myself and my friends think I'm being crazy and to just wait it out!! help!! what are the chances?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Only thing to do is to buy a first response pregnancy test or go see GP. With a bit of luck you will have got away with this Russian roulette
Reply 2
Once you've got your test done, and if it comes out negative, start taking the pill or another method of contraception immediately. Take some responsibility if you don't want these things happening.
Well I'd take a pregnancy test rather than asking other people if I could be pregnant or not. And how stupid can you be to not be using any form of contraception.
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Once you've got your test done, and if it comes out negative, start taking the pill or another method of contraception immediately. Take some responsibility if you don't want these things happening.

i know I've never felt so stupid in all my life
Reply 5
If there's a sexual health clinic near you, you can get a test done for free. Also pick up the pill while you're there! Go ASAP because if you are pregnant, it will be easier to decide what to do earlier on
Go to your GP, if you're fortunate and it's negative, go on the pill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go to your GP as I highly doubt anyone on TSR knows whether you're pregnant or not
Good lord. Yes you can. If he's recently ejaculated there would be sperm in you when you "kinda had sex" later.

1 Get a test, and test yourself
2 Get some proper protection like pills, injection or implant
3 Focus on your exams, don't get too stressed and make sure it doesn't happen again :smile:

If you are pregnant, go to the GP asap and consider your options I suppose
Hey peanutbuttercup
Hey peanutbuttercup, yes you've made a mistake but I just wanna let you know you're not alone and you're not stupid, I made the same mistake as you with my first boyfriend/ sexual partner, young girls do this kind of thing for so many reasons as stupid as it may be in hindsight, often feeling pressured by the boy or too scared/ embarrassed to seek out contraception. It tAkes two to tmango so please don't let people on here cll you stupid.

However you can and will learn from this mistake! Go to the poundshop, suck it up and buy some pregnancy tests. Then whatever the result book into your doctor or sexual health clinic (if you're lucky to live in a bigger town/ city they are much less judgmental) and get on some long term contraception.

I'm sorry this happened to you but take it as a huge learning experience. It happened to me six years ago now and as awful as it felt at the time it made me a more mature, assertive and responsible girl. And talk to your friends/ boyfriend - a worry shared is a worry halved!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey peanutbuttercup, yes you've made a mistake but I just wanna let you know you're not alone and you're not stupid, I made the same mistake as you with my first boyfriend/ sexual partner, young girls do this kind of thing for so many reasons as stupid as it may be in hindsight, often feeling pressured by the boy or too scared/ embarrassed to seek out contraception. It tAkes two to tmango so please don't let people on here cll you stupid.

However you can and will learn from this mistake! Go to the poundshop, suck it up and buy some pregnancy tests. Then whatever the result book into your doctor or sexual health clinic (if you're lucky to live in a bigger town/ city they are much less judgmental) and get on some long term contraception.

I'm sorry this happened to you but take it as a huge learning experience. It happened to me six years ago now and as awful as it felt at the time it made me a more mature, assertive and responsible girl. And talk to your friends/ boyfriend - a worry shared is a worry halved!

Thank you so much!! it hasn't helped being told to deal with it and all sorts it just makes the worrying worse so it so nice to hear someones been through it! did your turn out just to be a scare??
Yep it was just a scare, somehow I didn't have a period for two months, I think maybe because I was so scared, and had all the 'symptoms' of pregnancy like nausea, swollen boobs. And a big part of the fear was having to go and tell a doctor or my mum, that's why 'you're stupid' attitudes are so unhelpful, we need to be able to talk about these things! The only way to know is just do a test and take the worry as your kick up the arse to go on long term contraception, I would recommend something like the implant or injection so there's no risk of forgetting to take it or taking it at the right time.

Also my best friend did get pregnant accidentally when we were 18 (the age I was when I had my big scare), she had an abortion at about seven weeks and with her bf's and friends support she was absolutely fine, it wasn't a big traumatic experience in any way and she never even thinks about it now and is really open about the experience. It's not the end of the world, just something to learn from for sure.

Long story short put your mind at ease asap by doing a test!

Original post by peanutbuttercup3
Thank you so much!! it hasn't helped being told to deal with it and all sorts it just makes the worrying worse so it so nice to hear someones been through it! did your turn out just to be a scare??
I would suggest you see your gp asap or tell your friends or your bf to buy you a test1 you dont need this kind of stress in exam season! and the sooner you find out whether your pregnant or not the better! this all could be one BIG misunderstanding, like we all get late periods right?

But anyways, good luck with all of this and find out whether your pregnant or not before worrying your mum x
Original post by AthiaKarim
Fair enough but surely thats a little too harsh. Im sure everyone is guilty of making reckless decisions. and yes, she would have to suffer from the consequences of having unprotected sex but dont make her feel as sad and stressed as she already is lol!! shes come here for help and support!

but then again this all could be useless because she might not even be preggers! hahaha

I wouldn't make a decision with that level of idiocy. I couldn't care less if she's pregnant. Might teach her a lesson.
Original post by Josb
You chose to have unprotected sex. Deal with it.

Fair enough but surely thats a little too harsh. Im sure everyone is guilty of making reckless decisions. and yes, she would have to suffer from the consequences of having unprotected sex but dont make her feel as sad and stressed as she already is lol!! shes come here for help and support!

but then again this all could be useless because she might not even be preggers! hahaha
Original post by sebek369
I wouldn't make a decision with that level of idiocy. I couldn't care less if she's pregnant. Might teach her a lesson.

But why are you on this forum making her feel as bad as she already is. Tbf people make mistakes, and its hard to believe that you haven't. Your entitled to have your own opinion- noone has the right to strip you from that. But if your opinion is going to cause others to be upset, just keep it to yourself?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by quentinhamilton
Go to your GP as I highly doubt anyone on TSR knows whether you're pregnant or not

:yy: :rofl:
Original post by AthiaKarim
But why are you on this forum making her feel as bad she she already is. Tbf people make mistakes, and its hard to believe that you haven't. Your entitled to have your own opinion- noone has the right to strip you from that. But if your opinion is going to cause others to be upset, just keep it to yourself?

Making her feel bad? She should feel bad, because of people like her there are a huge number of innocent fetuses being sucked up in vacuums and disposed in bins like trash. I'm sorry where does it say "positive opinions" only? If you have the sheer delusional propensity to believe that I'm going to kiss up to someone for being a mindless idiot then you're wrong, the truth is that no one's words on this forum change the fact, that is, whether she's pregnant or not. Instead of making absurd/sympathy seeking posts on here she should see a doctor if she's so worried because no words of comfort will change reality.
Original post by sebek369
Making her feel bad? She should feel bad, because of people like her there are a huge number of innocent fetuses being sucked up in vacuums and disposed in bins like trash. I'm sorry where does it say "positive opinions" only? If you have the sheer delusional propensity to believe that I'm going to kiss up to someone for being a mindless idiot then you're wrong, the truth is that no one's words on this forum change the fact, that is, whether she's pregnant or not. Instead of making absurd/sympathy seeking posts on here she should see a doctor if she's so worried because no words of comfort will change reality.

HOLD UP A MIN! she has not ONCE mentioned in this forum that she will abort the child lmfao you cant pull accusations like that, what on earth made you inferred this? There are lots of people (atleast that know of) have children at young ages and still manage to work and study- so aborting a child is not an option for many people, for some its considered immoral.

and secondly, if she has come to TSR to seek advice on what she should do, how is that seeking sympathy? she cant speak to her mum about this and her friends thinks shes crazy? if it was me, id probably do the same thing because from what ive heard, strangers are the least judgemental of your problems. she doesnt need people to stress her out

and no, it doesnt say on TSR "positive opinions only" but some people dont have to act like an ******* 24/7 and atleast help her or dont need to comment on the forum at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending