AQA A2 English Literature B (LITB3): Elements of the Pastoral 11th June 2015 Watch

sunshinebeem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone, I haven't seen a thread for this exam so I thought I would make one where we can discuss all things pastoral. I have to admit I am a bit nervous for this exam so hopefully all of us can discuss and share ideas and stuff.
sunshinebeem
Rep:
?
Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
fkfkfk1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sunshinebeem)
Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes i've been trying to find an updated thread!! How you feeling for this exam?
And what texts are you doing?
I'm doing Tess of the d'urbervilles, post 1945 and Blake
sunshinebeem
Rep:
?
(Original post by fkfkfk1)
Yes i've been trying to find an updated thread!! How you feeling for this exam?
And what texts are you doing?
I'm doing Tess of the d'urbervilles, post 1945 and Blake
Hiya!!
Yep I'm doing those texts and Arcadia as well!
At the moment I'm just struggling to remember quotes. I hope a really nice Blake question comes up as well because I want to write about him in section A

Posted from TSR Mobile
kxrnl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What predictions did you guys say were going to come up? for section B ?
sophiekerrie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, so glad there's a pastoral thread!

My texts are Tess, Poetry 1945 and She Stoops to Conquer.
I am so annoyed though because my class has been given a newly qualified teacher for A2 and she doesn't know what she's doing or much detail about the course itself. Tess I think I've covered pretty well myself, but I'm struggling with the poetry big time and 'She Stoops' is perhaps the most awkward text for this section...

The only thing keeping me hopeful is the fact that I did well last year. Does anyone have any good revision tips for this exam?
fkfkfk1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sunshinebeem)
Hiya!!
Yep I'm doing those texts and Arcadia as well!
At the moment I'm just struggling to remember quotes. I hope a really nice Blake question comes up as well because I want to write about him in section A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooooo i haven't heard about the Arcadia one! What is that? All the bloody times i've mentioned the word arcadia over the last year is unreal hahaha
Yeah no i'm exactly the same, especially for post 1945- i've decided to stick the poem's up all around my room but it's still not doing the trick!! I guess i just find it so dull and boring that my hearts not really in it for that part.
But I really like blake's poetry, i'm also gonna do him for Section A so I hope something nice comes up, but I really can't predict what's gonna come up this time....

Also for Blake I'm focusing on Chimney Sweeper (I), The Schoolboy, Echoing Green, Nurse's song and i'm focusing on others too but I reckon these are quite staple pieces in Blake's poetry. To remember quotes for them I found this crackin website which is like a flashcard thing so you learn the quotes then they test you on it, except i skip the learning part and see what I know so I can go back and learn what i don't:
https://quizlet.com/subject/songs-of...of-experience/

What do you think for Section B? I'm thinking something about Beauty possibly
sunshinebeem
Rep:
?
Ah sorry to hear that Sophie!
I just hope we get decent questions this year too. I haven't got a clue which questions will come up but I'm hoping it's something about sentiment or loss ( for section B) and social and political issues in Blake (for section A)

Posted from TSR Mobile
fkfkfk1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sophiekerrie)
Hi, so glad there's a pastoral thread!

My texts are Tess, Poetry 1945 and She Stoops to Conquer.
I am so annoyed though because my class has been given a newly qualified teacher for A2 and she doesn't know what she's doing or much detail about the course itself. Tess I think I've covered pretty well myself, but I'm struggling with the poetry big time and 'She Stoops' is perhaps the most awkward text for this section...

The only thing keeping me hopeful is the fact that I did well last year. Does anyone have any good revision tips for this exam?

I have never heard of 'she stoops to conquer' aha what's it like? Tess Is so dull I hate the whole book, and I totally get where you're coming from for Poetry 1945.I think i've found that to get something to stick in my head I have to think it through so; when I didn't understand Poem in October I went back and looked online for tonnes of different interpretations and re annotated it to death- and know it's one of my favourite poems in the course! How are you revising at the moment? I just do tonnes of plans for old questions and possibly new question predictions and then write out some of my points as practice paragraphs
sophiekerrie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fkfkfk1)
I have never heard of 'she stoops to conquer' aha what's it like? Tess Is so dull I hate the whole book, and I totally get where you're coming from for Poetry 1945.I think i've found that to get something to stick in my head I have to think it through so; when I didn't understand Poem in October I went back and looked online for tonnes of different interpretations and re annotated it to death- and know it's one of my favourite poems in the course! How are you revising at the moment? I just do tonnes of plans for old questions and possibly new question predictions and then write out some of my points as practice paragraphs

She Stoops to Conquer is a play by Goldsmith but it's a comedy...and so isn't your typical pastoral text which makes relating it to pastoral ridiculous because every link is basically forced! I hate it so much, the play itself is easy to write about just linking it to pastoral is so hard which sucks because that's the whole point of the exam!

The poetry is killing me and my teacher has said she's not going to finish teaching it so we have only gone over about four poems. I've tried to do the others myself but haven't found much online, can you recommend any websites? I think the collection is strange, like there's a few weird ones in there.

At the moment to revise I'm just writing out answers to questions, doing plans, and trying to learn quotes using the websites memrise and quiz let which are good. I've picked out some good quotes from Terry Gifford's book as well which look useful.
edgarcats
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Tess, Blake and AYLI. Love Blake, hate Tess and don't mind AYLI. How many quotes per text are people memorising? Or are you picking thematically across 3 texts?
sophiekerrie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by edgarcats)
I'm doing Tess, Blake and AYLI. Love Blake, hate Tess and don't mind AYLI. How many quotes per text are people memorising? Or are you picking thematically across 3 texts?
I've basically been learning quotes thematically. Although, I'm doing poetry so that's a little different so I'm learning about three from each poem that are fairly general. I've found that I naturally remember more quotes from Tess though...
aksanghera
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone,

I made a thread for this exam, it's here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3280041

I've made some predictions there about Section B and some people have shared how they revise so if you're stuck, be sure to check it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads