The Student Room Group

PSYB3 and PSYB4 - June 2015

Does anyone have any predictions for these papers?
I'm sitting - child development, mood disorders and schizophrenia, and cognition and law..

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Im so terrified pf the psyb3 exam. Itll be horrible
Reply 3
Original post by matthewc212
Im so terrified pf the psyb3 exam. Itll be horrible

What topics are you doing in the exam?

Given some revision and clear thinking I think/hope you should be okay :smile:
Im doing forensic psychology cognition and law and social development! im really hoping for a face recognition cognition and law essay!!
I'm thinking maybe an explanations of schizophrenia essay for schizophrenia/mood disorders, for social development I really don't know :frown: And I'm doing forensic rather than cognition and law, but for anyone else doing forensic I think it might be on offender profiling.

Obviously these are unlikely to be accurate haha
Original post by lemonsandlimes
I'm thinking maybe an explanations of schizophrenia essay for schizophrenia/mood disorders, for social development I really don't know :frown: And I'm doing forensic rather than cognition and law, but for anyone else doing forensic I think it might be on offender profiling.

Obviously these are unlikely to be accurate haha

Im hoping it will be on theories of offending for forensic!! i dont like offender profiling:frown:
Original post by BeccaJH1802
Im hoping it will be on theories of offending for forensic!! i dont like offender profiling:frown:

Yeah that would be better!! I find it hard to write an essay on offender profiling. But it hasn't come up since June 2011 (I think) which is why I get the feeling it might be that
Original post by BeccaJH1802
Im doing forensic psychology cognition and law and social development! im really hoping for a face recognition cognition and law essay!!

I hope it's face recognition too. I really hope it's not methods of improving witness recall, it'd be hard to know what to put.
I'm doing Moral Development, Mood Disorders, and Cognition and the Law.

Dreading PSYB4, I don't mind the approaches but absolutely hate research methods and debates. I can't remember Debates at all!
Haven't had a question on measuring crime since jan 2011, so I'm thinking that or offender profiling

forensic is probably the easiest for me on psyb3 (doing that, moral development and cognition/law), only the theories seem to have a lot to remember
(edited 8 years ago)
I dont mind unit 4 but im not very good with the debate essays! But i dont mind methods
Reply 11
It was a general consensus with examiners that measuring crime shouldn't be asked again because its not very psychology like (read it in an examiners report a few years ago). I think the forensic essay will be on theories for offending, probably not a comparison because that was last years' question. I'm also guessing a schizophrenia theories essay as that hasn't been asked yet and I do cognitive development so for anyone that does that I'm thinking either the Nativists or Information Processing for the essay.
For schizo/mood disorders, I think the essay will be on schizophrenia because they had mood disorder essays for 3 exams in a row (January 13, June 13 and June 14) and I think it'll be on an explanation because they've done treatments for the last two exams (June 13 and June 14) and they haven't asked for explanations since June 12 (it was schizo explanation) and January 13 (MD explanation).

Forensics is hard to guess because there are so many essays but child development is even worse. I tried working out a pattern but there's no way anyone can guess that one.
Reply 13
Original post by earthtoalex
For schizo/mood disorders, I think the essay will be on schizophrenia because they had mood disorder essays for 3 exams in a row (January 13, June 13 and June 14)

Sorry but the June 2013 essay was on treatments for schizophrenia, meaning they could technically ask a theories question for depression. Either way, I think it will be a theories question.
I am relatively happy for PSYB3, really hoping for Piaget or Kohlberg in Moral Development, Treatments of Schizophrenia, and a theory of Offender Behaviour. I am really nervous for PSYB4 approaches, the questions can be so awkward, literally praying Cognitive isn't asked, Behaviourism all the way!
Original post by clyde97
Sorry but the June 2013 essay was on treatments for schizophrenia, meaning they could technically ask a theories question for depression. Either way, I think it will be a theories question.

As long as it's a theories question I don't mind whether it's schizophrenia or depression. It's so hard to remember the relapse rates for drug and CBT therapies. I keep getting them mixed up.

Original post by tomwright96
I am relatively happy for PSYB3, really hoping for Piaget or Kohlberg in Moral Development, Treatments of Schizophrenia, and a theory of Offender Behaviour. I am really nervous for PSYB4 approaches, the questions can be so awkward, literally praying Cognitive isn't asked, Behaviourism all the way!

I hope Gilligan comes up for Moral Development. Her theories are so easy to compare to the others. Though, Kohlberg wouldn't be too bad.
What don't you like about the Cognitive explanation? It's short, but easy to remember. I hope we're not asked to compare the Eclectic approach to the others. But of PSYB4, approaches is the least of my worries! I'm dreading debates.

How do you revise for research methods?
Original post by kirsty953
As long as it's a theories question I don't mind whether it's schizophrenia or depression. It's so hard to remember the relapse rates for drug and CBT therapies. I keep getting them mixed up.

I hope Gilligan comes up for Moral Development. Her theories are so easy to compare to the others. Though, Kohlberg wouldn't be too bad.
What don't you like about the Cognitive explanation? It's short, but easy to remember. I hope we're not asked to compare the Eclectic approach to the others. But of PSYB4, approaches is the least of my worries! I'm dreading debates.

How do you revise for research methods?

Gilligan isn't too bad no. My whole class does haha, it's just very convoluted and lots of the topics are really confusing. God, I'd get up and walk out of the hall if it was the Eclectic. Our book is really great for methods (AQA B Pennington) so I just write it down over and over haha.
I'm doing schizophrenia, child cog development and forensic

I think for schizophrenia/mood disorders it's going to be an explanations
And either IP or nativist for child
Could be anything for forensic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any help with thoughtful analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
I'm doing schizophrenia, child cog development and forensic

I think for schizophrenia/mood disorders it's going to be an explanations
And either IP or nativist for child
Could be anything for forensic

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher seems to think IP will come up as well for cognitive development - I hope not though!
She thinks that it might be ways of measuring crime for forensics as well which isn't too great, not terrible though

Quick Reply

Latest